What would you not use tarot to read on...

WolfSpirit

Like teomat, I do not read on health issues.
I think the cards are easily misinterpreted in that area (by me, anyway). For my own health, I try to rely on what my body is already telling me. Otherwise, I would look for a doctor I could trust.

Other than that, I read about almost every subject but I think hard before I do a reading if I actually want an answer from the cards, or want them to confirm what I already know what I would like to do.
Often I have already made up my mind but it has not sunk in yet - so I have to change the question into: how do I go about it, or something like that.

214red

teomat said:
I think I prefer to be ignorant about some things...
i completely understand about not being able to focus. also if you see that top card and its bad you think its about the situation with your family and you stress about it...well i would.

i am glad i didnt do tarot properly in my early life, think that it can really stop you sometimes enjoying things for what they are, and your right ignorance is bliss sometimes.
if you know something is not going to turn out well you often chose not go through it, but often we need these especially in your dating life

franniee

I never use them for little things....unless I am testing or playing....and for that matter I don't let them rule my world. I will do a reading and still do what I decided to do. I follow my gut. I use them to gain knowledge about a situation - or to see around an issue - I find they add color and light to an issue.

That said I will use them for health readings and still go to the doctor afterward. I am very logical and I enjoy it when I test them and they work. :)

Myrrha

I often read for advice on various topics. For example I'm looking for a new apartment and am doing readings on each place before I go to see it. This helps me to see what there is to see including potential problems instead of looking past it because I want a place.

Still, I don't feel at all ruled by the cards. Readings are for seeing more deeply.

I am very reluctant to do relationship readings for myself. Because my reading style is quite subjective, it is an area where I don't feel the cards help me to see more deeply.

I rarely do readings on third parties, this has not worked well for me in the past. Maybe it is something I just have to learn more about.

I have never even tried to read on a health issue, just feels wrong to me.

Cactus

I think I'm like most people. I don't do readings for mundane issues like food choices, what should I do first - laundry or floors...

It's hard to answer this because I really don't think about what I do readings for and what I don't. I just wing it and if I'm uncertain about an issue and I just can't get clarity any other way (or my mind is too bogged down by thoughts to effectively intuit the decision), I'll whip out my cards.

Currently I'm debating on whether to do a reading about - don't laugh - a carpooling situation gone awry. This may turn into another post in the Chat section because I've already done a reading and it suggested that the girl just wants to play games and stir things up.

So, what someone may read for, another might not. Carpooling dilemmas might not be a big deal to one of you (but it is to me when someone who lives down the street who usually picks up my daughter instead drives the other way and skips our house - frequently!)

Grrr. Sometimes I wish Tarot and Oracles can magically just spell out sentences to describe the actual situation instead of pictures to decipher...

Wichasa

My don'ts

I don't usually pull cards when I have strong emotions about someone or something because I already know that I have a prejudice. I usually have someone else do those reads. I also don't use my cards to dig into others feelings unless there really is a need.(Like:" I am going to take it up the backside unless I find the problem!" kind of need.)
I managed to get myself in the middle of a legal issue that had nothing to do with me...... I drew cards like mad!!!!! (It all ended well enough :) )

I generally use my cards as problem solving tools, direction pointers, and inspirational support.

SunChariot

214red said:
I am curious because i know some people use tarot to read on everything, down to a minute level.

I did when i got into the groove of tarot, spend a period of time reading for everything and anything. Slightly obsessively for a few weeks tarot was like a decision dice, i let the cards rule.

I am now sporadic in using my cards for advice, and when i do i sometimes ignore what they say. if i do a reading for a party i want to go to and the outcome is not good, if i really want to go i read for advice on what i should do tomake the pary more enjoyable.

There are a wealth of subjects i dont read for myself for, infact it would be easier to list what subjects i do read on.

i wonder what you would NOT read for? What do you think the cards are unsuitable for?

Nik

I would ask anything and everything I was curious about that I thought it would benefit me to know. There are no limits to what the cards can do or answer. I once did a reading to see what a bird who was sitting in front of me was thinking.

There does come a point though where you are worried about a situation and you feel like asking about it often, when you are better off not to and to do something more constructive about it of course.

And no it's not right, to me, to ask about others unless you have a real reason and a positive motivation behind it. But otherwise, pretty much anything goes. :grin:

Babs

214red

franniee said:
I never use them for little things....unless I am testing or playing....and for that matter I don't let them rule my world. I will do a reading and still do what I decided to do. I follow my gut. I use them to gain knowledge about a situation - or to see around an issue - I find they add color and light to an issue.

That said I will use them for health readings and still go to the doctor afterward. I am very logical and I enjoy it when I test them and they work. :)
glad its not just me that treats them sometimes like they are a science experiment

nik

214red

Cactus said:
Grrr. Sometimes I wish Tarot and Oracles can magically just spell out sentences to describe the actual situation instead of pictures to decipher...

yep i do too, tried automatic writing recently and its great, worth a try and it gets to the heart of the issue...its just not as accessible sometimes as it need to get in the right zone, which i dont for tarot really

Lilija

There are two things, that I'm avoiding.

One: asking about my birth parents. I vascilate between burning curiosity, and complete disinterest. Some stuff has come up in the past few years, that gets me thinking about the whole thing, but I'm not sure I want to know all that.

Two: Someone very close to me ended his life, a few years ago. His parents are very private people, and though they had a wake for him, they did not have any kind of funeral. I know he was interred, but I don't know where. I sort of want to find out for a few different reasons. When I started shuffling the cards, to ask, last fall, I had a debilitating hand cramp, so much so that I dropped the half of the deck that I was holding. Something doesn't want me knowing. I've decided not to dwell, and pay my respects in my own way.

I don't really "spy" on people, either (not that I think it's unethical or anything, I'm just incurious). But I will pull a card to see how my son is doing in school that day, or what kind of mood my husband will be in, when he gets home, stuff like that. Just maybe to check on close loved one's well-being, but they know I do that.