Is there something wrong with me...

.traveller.

... am I sick?

I have lost all desire to purchase tarot cards.

They all look the same to me.

I used to actually care what deck I carried with me on any given day, but lately any deck will do.

I thought embellishing some of my cards would reignite my passion. I ended up meditating over the altered cards instead, even the bling couldn't entice me towards something new and shiny.

Has my inner magpie up and snuffed it?

conversus

NO!!!!

You are not sick, merely sated.

Perhaps a new interest will present itself, soon.

Live in expectation!!!

CED

nisaba

.traveller. said:
... am I sick?

I have lost all desire to purchase tarot cards.

They all look the same to me.
<strangled gasp>

<goes off to boil kettle for a therapeutic cuppa and to make a hot-water-bottle for the pain>

Whiled I do that, here, shuffle these <thrusts the Granny Jones Australian into .traveller's hands>. They are healing. Sit down in the Ten of Buttons, and have a slice of cake and a cuppa with Temperance. I'll be back from the kitchen in a moment.

If none of this helps, mail your entire collection to me, and I'll remove the bad magic from them. It'll take me an estimated forty years.

PathWalker

Lol !!!!!!!!!

choirqueer

nisaba said:
<strangled gasp>

<goes off to boil kettle for a therapeutic cuppa and to make a hot-water-bottle for the pain>

Whiled I do that, here, shuffle these <thrusts the Granny Jones Australian into .traveller's hands>. They are healing. Sit down in the Ten of Buttons, and have a slice of cake and a cuppa with Temperance. I'll be back from the kitchen in a moment.

If none of this helps, mail your entire collection to me, and I'll remove the bad magic from them. It'll take me an estimated forty years.

Bad magic?! Oh, nisaba, surely you don't want to invite bad magic into your home. Mail them to me instead! I live in such a crap neighborhood that a little bit more bad mojo won't make any noticeable difference. I'll pick out a few that I, uh, can get the bad magic cleaned up off, and send them to you once I've determined they are safe for you to have. :)

Dusk Till Dawn

Congratulations! Seriously! You might have found what you were looking/searching for! Like Conversus said, other things might be more important, also you are still carrying a Deck with you, so you still have a passion for it.

Miss Divine

You are not alone in this believe me.
I used to spend quite alot of time online looking at scans of decks, and reading the forum on the cards. But since my residential move a few months ago, it all has died out. I too used to care which deck I carried around. Now it's the most convenient deck I have (and that's only WHEN I carry one around).
But my reasons may be different than yours for this happening...
I am a very optimistic person, when things get rough I am still optimistic seen the circumstances. Too often when I was very happy and optimistic I'd do a reading and it was all doom and gloom. Also in daily draws often the same sh*t.
I know all cards have pos and neg aspects. But believe me I sure know a nasty reading when I see one. It certainly wasn't aiding me in life, no, they were getting me down instead and I was sick of it.
My most recent bad Tower moment in life, I was not forewarned. And yes at that time I was still reading. Basically what I'm saying is, when things were good, the cards were gloomy...and when things were bad, the cards were good. Now I know there's plenty out there who now think I can't read the cards. If you think that, fine, I don't care what anyone thinks. And hey maybe you're right, but I do find it kind of strange, that Lenormand would give me a different message than the Tarot, and Lenormand readings WERE accurate. Maybe Tarot just isn't for me, maybe it's only temporarily not for me I don't know. I wish things were different because in the past they were actually working for me, and I loved using them. Now most of them sit somewhere on the shelf, and I often think, maybe I should just sell everything.:(

Alta

Never extrapolate the present out to the rest of your life.

We humans love to do that and in my weather days I could tell you how many phone calls I got: "It's been a dry winter, we will have a drought this summer", and etc. Yes, could be true, but nature, and humans are a part of nature, is cyclical.

If you don't care about new decks, that's fine, enjoy the lack of pressure on your bank account. But don't assume that how you feel now will last forever, so don't sell most of your decks because of the mood of the time. :)

SilentBreeze

This has happened to me before as well. It was more like I got so into the deck I was reading with I didn't really want to buy any new ones. Then one day I saw there was a sale on a website and I bought 3 decks. Haha. Enjoy it while it lasts, it usually doesn't.

RiccardoLS

As Alta saiys... cycles.
Ebbs and flows are healthy, not sick.

Taking on new decks is "expansion".
Once you have finished expanding, you will feel in a indifferentiate void.
Soon, probably, a new road will shape herself, probably in a more focused direction.
And after focusing you will end up in a different nexus, and will probably feel the need to shape a new expansion phase (not necessarely with new decks, howeever).