Sabian Symbols Study Group: Gemini 16 - #76

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: GEMINI
Degree: 16
Number: 76

Symbol: A WOMAN ACTIVIST ON A PLATFORM, IN AN EMOTIONAL SPEECH, DRAMATIZING HER CAUSE.

Simone

Interesting!

Dramatizing her cause in order, most probably, to gain people for it.

Sounds a tad like manipulation to me. I just read a chapter in a book where a young man uses all the pain in his heart to make people follow him and his cause, rousing hate and feelings of vengeance for the "enemies", playing with their pain to funnel it in his direction, to get them to go to war with him.

This woman is probably using a similar technique - talking to the emotions rather than to logics. Emotions are a strong playground - if you manage to rouse them, they will overpower the mind.

And this is the base of mobs and large group movement, I dare say even Hitler used it to influence a whole people. It is extremely powerful while it lasts, but you have to be strong to keep it going too - because it can turn around just as quickly if the momentum breaks. If the momentum breaks, the movement breaks apart and people start wondering what the heck they have been doing and turn on the one who led them there.

So - if you are playing on emotions to influence and manipulate to get your cause supported, be aware that you're playing a dangerous game! One that can turn around and kill you (literally and metaphorically)...

Ooops

edited to add the other side of the coin which I almost forgot lol

It talks of course also about someone willing to stand up for their cause! Which takes courage and the will to be in the spotlight of public attention.

It talks about someone willing to defend what moves them, willing to defend their ideals... which in itself is honorable - but see above what I think happens if it is abused.

MCsea

This symbol has taken me a while to work up to writing about - This is one of those sad symbols for me, has she been pushed - punished so much that she is finally snapping this is her last straw.... is this real anger in the face of a nothing life, has she tried every other route, to change herself, changer her surroundings - I suppose IM not just talking about a slave - master relationship, or a dead end marriage - relationship, work but even every day situations that can drive people to the edge, making rash decisions - usually forced by a lack of money - how many of our life decisions would have been made differntly with a wealth of not only confidence and knowledge but some cash....
Of course HE can be in this situation also...

On the positive yes its about motivating self and probably others into some positive action, really worth while stuff... probably BIGGER than money too - a movement green - feminine - human rights - anything BIGGER than cash - its about power...

Dr Jones has the Key Word Indignation

Jane Ridder-Patrick body part - Pleura
Element Green Calcite
Discussion Green calcite is a grounding and centering stone that brings stability. It increases success, prosperity, business, and fertility of all kinds. Green calcite is also helpful for overcoming addictions and compulsive disorders. Green calcite -heart chakra. I think this element is that its calcite, seemingly 'common' but oh so special, green growing in confidence in person in spirit.

tink27

Much like Marina, I’ve had to think of this symbol. I agree with what Simone has said as well.

Simone said:
It talks of course also about someone willing to stand up for their cause! Which takes courage and the will to be in the spotlight of public attention.

It talks about someone willing to defend what moves them, willing to defend their ideals... which in itself is honorable - but see above what I think happens if it is abused.

So I thought I’d pretend with this one, kind of becoming this woman on the platform.

So, here I am in my car, driving to a convention in the downtown area. My focus of interest for this is on the homeless. I pretending I belong to a group that has lobbied for the homeless, and through our efforts created extra beds in hostiles and hospital auditoriums – collected coats and mits and hats and handed them to the poor. It’s the middle of winter and already we’ve had weather warnings of -30 C – in the paper this morning, it reads “Homeless Dies Alone In The Cold”. As I’m getting closer to my destination, I thinking of all the things I want to say and do before I confront those (politicians) with my anger. The more I think about it, the more enraged I become. The speed limit is 60 km an hour and I’m doing 80 and climbing! My brain is just sizzling, my breathing erratic! I’m pounding the steering wheel pretending I’m assaulting an uncaring citizen, or perhaps a government official. At first the vision feels good, but then I notice something, I’m totally out of control! No longer am I breathing normally through my nose – I’m almost hyperventilating - breathing through my mouth! The traffic lights up ahead turned yellow and then red. It gave me time to get a hold of myself, I realized I was afraid, deathly afraid of not being heard, rejected, judged and deemed unworthy for this cause. And at this moment I was! I realized I was bracing myself for the worst possible scenario – already believing nobody wanted to or would listen to my protests and stories. I was completely losing it!

I turned right at the stoplight and pulled into the nearest driveway. I took a deep breath. Ohh it felt good and it felt calming. I realized that no matter where we are on our spiritual path, there are influences in our daily lives that make us angry! I was emotionally responding to a normal human response and a real human condition. I knew that if I were to speak right now at this very moment, all that would be heard was high-pitched mutter – no one would be able to understand me. I was laughing now – heartedly. A couple walking arm in arm on the sidewalk near my car, looked puzzled by my behavior. It made me laugh even harder! Ohh how good it felt to release my anger, my fear and my anxieties. And I was better for it.

Now I picture myself with my group of supporters, standing on a platform in front of a crowd of concerned citizens and even a few politicians. My devotion and service to a real cause is in balance, my left and my right brain into alignment. I integrate well with the people keeping my integrity, my will strong for the benefit of my purpose – the homeless. I am a woman activist, giving to others but maintaining my own identity.

In the beginning of my story my breathing becomes erratic, I’m breathing but through the mouth. The body part of this symbol is the pleura. The pleura is a membrane that Out lungs were designed to slide around freely and are covered by a lining called the pleura. It helps to enclose our lungs and attaches to our chest wall and our diaphragm. When we breathe through our nose it contains filters to clear away the dust from the air so it doesn’t reach our lungs. When we breathe through our mouth we are subjecting ourselves to a wide variety of different lung disorders. Infection of the pleura can cause pleurisy which are adhesions between the layers of its membrane.

For every in-breath, there is an outbreath and these two currents meet in the nose. When we breathe consciously, effectively, we increase our oxygen levels and our physical energy. As activists our stamina, our purpose and our will is strong. We are in control – not out of control of our situation.

tink

MCsea

Tink - love all that you wrote and Simmone too of course

and I just thought this symbol the flip side FOR ME is

I cant save the whole world, I am not that proud that I KNOW for certaing what is SUPPOSED to happen... I do beleive all is in divine order, I believe in kindness - even to the point where the people who I THINK should be able to change things are just like me.. its a big web we live in...

so.... hmmmmm I just wanted to share, I find myself in this quandry today through a one on one discussion, but realise I cant change the other person's reliance on me and other factors, so I just need to be kind and believe if I was meant to make a difference I would - and indeed by being kind maybe I am...

(Just editing - I feel this symbol is really about the STRESS - the STRAIN the fight - the feelings... just with all the symbols there are so many sides to them)

great stuff...

MARINA

tink27

Thanks Marina!

MCsea said:
I cant save the whole world, I am not that proud that I KNOW for certaing what is SUPPOSED to happen... I do beleive all is in divine order, I believe in kindness - even to the point where the people who I THINK should be able to change things are just like me.. its a big web we live in...

Well said! You just said made me think...! We are evolving, changing slowly through time. When we decidely step through the threshold, the whole of creation steps through with us. Our intent is to join with it, become it, and go where it goes. It is up to us to do the work then relinquish control and ride the wave wherever it takes us.

So easy to say, so hard to learn...

tink

MCsea

Hey Tink...

yea this symbol is so out there UP there - emotive stressful and HUMAN
but its how - what we 'do' our actions that are more important, I see on OUR TV at the moment all these people fighting to keep schools open and in the process abuse other people and claim tax payers have the say - bloopy 'we' all pay tax - GST here - anyway EVERYONE PAYS in some way..
I found myself sitting back - within this symbol watching it play out - and found some calm... I feel when the activist finds that space 'she' actually makes more change... anyway thank YOU for your words they helped me to get this symbol MORE than I had...

I wanted to add the people I know who have this symbol as their SUN are very gemini people- very two people - you know have two pairs of reading glasses - a red pair and a green pair - and you can tell what MOOD they are in depending on the glasses colour - RED is that empassioned editor of history and the green is the amnesty international spokes lady - LADY...

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 202

tink27

purple_scorp said:
I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Ohh looking at this picture, this woman is clear and fearless, her speaking out loud and her actions confirm this. Her words are arousing and she looks as if she'll never stop. For sure she will upset some, but for others she carries an important message. I'd love to know what she's revealing and saying!

Your work is so enlightening purple_scorp!! I don't want to stop...

tink :love:

purple_scorp

Hi tink,

well you may not recognise this "Australian" woman, her name is Germaine Greer.

From Wikipedia:
Germaine Greer (born January 29, 1939) is an Australian academic, writer, and broadcaster, who is widely regarded as one of the most significant feminist voices of the 20th century.
I tried to use as many Australian images and people that I could when constructing these cards. ;)

with love
purple_scorp