Sabian Symbols Study Group: Cancer 22 - #112

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: CANCER
Degree: 22
Number: 112

Symbol: A YOUNG WOMAN AWAITING A SAILBOAT.

MCsea

Jones Key Word: Equanimity
Ridder-Patrick Gastric mucosa
Crystal : Avalonite
Expression: Avalonite is a trademark name for a natural coral-peach coloured chalcedony. Avalonite supports freedom and self love.

I love the whole avalon symbology here too.

I feel this symbol has to do with Calmly releasing expectations, being safe and comfortable in the here and now, self love.

Being a MARINA - I thought I should have this symbol - somewhere, and I DO as HEBE - a minro asteroid (as minor as eros) Hebe was cup-bearer to the gods and goddesses, refreshing them with the liquid of eternal youth, Greek Hebe, literally means 'youth' and ‘youthful prime’. But Im not sure what all that means technically - astrologically I mean... but it resonates with me...

MARINA

tink27

Upon looking at this symbol I couldn’t help but wonder, which way does this woman want her life to go? Is she waiting by a dock? Is there a breeze in the air? Does the water and sky that s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s before her clear and blue? Can she see this sailboat over the horizon? Is the sailboat large enough, capable of holding all her belongings, desires and successes?

Emotions are the energies that move us in response to our thoughts and experiences. The sailboat then could be a vessel of this expression. That’s if the sailboat is the woman’s creation. If not, she could be holding back any emotions, waiting impatiently for a sailboat to drift by, begging it to bear her burdens to take her away from this place to another. But wherever we go, situations will always keep changing, challenges and obstacles will always be knocking.

Our spirits are always finding ways to seek expression. But where do we find the time or money to get where we want to be? Perhaps the problem is, we work too hard to try and make it happen. And of course when we do, the sea starts churning. Instead of hurrying down by the water’s edge, this symbol could be telling us to visualize and ask for guidance of what visions Spirit has in store for us. What are the qualities and characteristics we need to develop to have our sailboat move swiftly and gracefully through the waters, closer and closer to where we await patiently.

Is this a symbol of risk, trust and belief that your sailboat is sailing straight and true towards you!?

tink

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 232