How do you get over it, when a reading goes bad?

.traveller.

Have you ever had a reading that went out of control? That the visions are so strong that you lose your balance, your perspective?

This happened to me long ago, I was reading for a friend and I had a vision during the reading. I panicked and all I could do was tell her what I was seeing. I was unable to interpret the images to make sense of them, although later on, it became quite clear what I saw. At the time, the only interpretation I was able to give was that she would not die. It actually felt like I was willing her not to die.

Turned out that I forsaw the very serious automobile accident that she was to be involved in. Her car was demolished and the emergency crews couldn't believe that she was able to walk away from the accident. She ended up walking with a cane for over a year.

I blamed myself. I felt that if I could have maintained my composure during the vision, I might have helped her to avoid the accident. I stopped reading after that, that was in 1997.

I know there is alot of experience on this board. How does one get over something like that?

MeeWah

((((((.traveller.)))))) First: dispel the notion that your reading or vision has any bearing on another's accident. Accidents by definition not always within anyone's control. That she walked away from the accident significant. For whatever reason, that experience peculiar to that person & may well have been unavoidable, but she likely retained an awareness by reason of the reading. & which could have contributed to her 'survival'.

Any event in an individual life largely based on the cumulative actions & past of the individual. & tend to reside within that person's life & responsibility.

Metaphorically & literally, ye so *not* the driver of her life nor vehicle.

Second: That the reading accompanied by a vision indicates that moment to be precognitive/prophetic. Also represented a warning to the querent.

As a reader with the best of intentions, one serves as a messenger which can contribute to the well-being of another. The rest up to the querent's free will.

Third: Learning to detach from a reading or visionary episode develops with practice. Such an experience during a reading or under other circumstances can be very traumatic (been there, done that, more to follow*).

Such effects may be minimized by practicing grounding & centering before reading. & again after. Staying hydrated by drinking water during a reading helps with grounding, too.

*Note: In my experience, visions or other 'side effects' such as the auditory can accompany readings or other situations. With & without the cards, foreseen accidents & other events. As those tend to be of the involuntary, they of the intuitive (or psychic) capacity. Either as a gift &/or develop according to the individual & over time.

Resolving any conflicts with that perceived or received a personal process & also develops over time. In some instances, communicating that seen to a querent has apparently resulted in awareness & a better scenario than not. That comforting, & an understanding I have learned.

MeeWah

By the way...

Although understand, too, that the cards 'not written in stone', some things unchangeable nor within the individual control. Not necessarily of the pre-destined, but by reason of the particular pattern established by an individual. Such as a cumulative effect of the life's activities or the trend up to the moment of a reading.

Not for a reader to assume responsibility of another's 'workings', but to seek to impart the meaningful & the empowering.

.traveller.

thank you

Thank you MeeWah. I need to read over your post a few more times to take it all in. I think most of all, it feels good to be able to talk about it without people looking at me in fear or calling me a witch. The name calling I can handle, but not the fear.

Umbrae

Usually it takes two people (drivers) to 'create' an accident. Regardless of what we say, or what the sitter does, the 'other' driver cannot be controlled - you did the best you could have done at that moment with the tools you had. You either learn (get back on the horse) or not (stop riding horses). :smoker:

Alissa

What if...

... you had remained calm, and somehow found a way to communicate the upcoming danger, and...

... your sitter took you seriously, and purposefully acted on your advice, being more careful behind the wheel, and...

... the accident still happened?

Was it still your fault? Is it ever really your fault?

The onus of Tarot reading should be taken seriously, just as you have... but I agree completely with what Meewah said, free will is not ours to dictate, nor should it be.

In all cases when I am experiencing a "sending" (I don't get visions, but perceptions, "just knowings") I ask myself, Why am I being shown this?

The answer to that question changes from case to case, and should help you to shape your intent each and every time a Door opens inside... after you have set your intent, we all just do the best we can. In my case, I've realized two things along the way: I'm shown things in order to communicate them, and I am often given something that *I* need to know, as well as the person I'm communicating it for/to...

...which is to say, if you turn your focus from the sitter and back to yourself, what did *you* learn from this event, and how it has shaped *your* path? What did *you* gain from this experience?

Grizabella

I think you were able to tell her what you were meant to tell her and what she was meant to know. I don't believe we're meant to know everything in advance, so she obviously wasn't meant to know that in advance. Her life path is unfolding as it was meant to, as is yours. Just put guilt behind you because there's no guilt you should bear.

.traveller.

I'm just afraid, I guess, that may be why I can't seem to let it go. I keep thinking about trying to do some one card readings on the forum, yet I get very stressed out by the very thought. I have had visions at other times (once I was at midnight mass... talk about embarrassing), but the emotion has focused/fixated on tarot.

MeeWah

Umbrae said:
Usually it takes two people (drivers) to 'create' an accident. Regardless of what we say, or what the sitter does, the 'other' driver cannot be controlled - you did the best you could have done at that moment with the tools you had.

Wise summation :)

Umbrae said:
You either learn (get back on the horse) or not (stop riding horses). :smoker:

& wise advice :)

MeeWah

Alissa said:
What if...

... you had remained calm, and somehow found a way to communicate the upcoming danger, and...

... your sitter took you seriously, and purposefully acted on your advice, being more careful behind the wheel, and...

... the accident still happened?

2 repeat clients I read for had car accidents after being warned. One was likely not completely avoidable, but the other one could have been avoided.

A woman's reading included 7-The Chariot. I just 'knew' an accident of some type & likely a road accident waiting to happen, but no defining details. It was in a position with 2 other cards that basically meant "Situation other than (whatever) to be aware of". So I emphasized the importance of being alert & aware of surroundings at all times; & whence on the road, to drive defensively. Also advised her to make sure her car in driving order.

Soon after, her car had a blow-out in high traffic on a major highway. Before it occurred, however, she realized something was wrong & sought to move onto the shoulder of the road. She barely avoided other drivers as a blow-out occurred--I think it involved two tires (the car had retreads)--but managed to gain enough control of the car to move out of the traffic lane. Phoned me that evening to say were it not for the heads up via the reading, she would not have reacted as quickly.

In a man's reading, 16-The Tower appeared. Amongst other things that indicated a challenging few weeks ahead, immediately saw a vehicular accident at night. A skeptic, he was amused after I told him to not drink & drive & to be careful on the road, especially at dark.

That same week, he went out one evening after work. Whilst driving home, he ran his truck smack into the back of a trolley. The policeman who arrived at the scene tested him for driving under the influence because he dinna believe the man never saw the trolley ahead of him, which was bright red. I was not told the results of the test, but suspected he fell asleep at the wheel. The front end damage on the truck severe enough that it left him without transportation for the several days it took for repairs, but he was unable to drive anyway--not with a badly sprained foot that took two weeks to heal.