did you have a question?

*ariadne*

did you have a question? It would really help me if you did...

I have been reading and reading here and I have a burning (and apparently quite long XD) question that requires a multitude of opinions to truly satisfy....

In general do you prefer the querent to give you a general question/issue they are pondering?

I often find it hard to read if not given at least vague topic..too many possibilities appear to me in many cases...and I feel as though I could give better and more focused information with a starting point, though all I might actually do with that point is leave it behind..you know?

However, it has also been my experience that many people are reticent to give a quest/ion..I am not sure if it is because they think I should know (you are psychic right?)

or because they feel it will limit the scope of their reading...and I can see why they think it might but I know it most likely won't. The cards say what they have to say. It is me who needs a little help and the question acts almost as a divining rod..but maybe I am just using the question as a crutch?

I would just appreciate some wisdom from you good people regarding this..clearly not a 1 dimensional question is it? ahh...but facets make the gem shine so...

sapienza

This is a really interesting question and a difficult one to answer yes or no to. Personally, I prefer to have a general 'area' to focus on for the reading ie. relationship, career, personal development etc. I don't feel like I need a specific question and I certainly prefer not to know much about the persons issue before I start the reading. I know what you mean about people not always wanting to give you a question or area to focus on. I've actually had people say to me....'well you tell me what my issue is' and things like that.

Another thing I used to do is when I got the querant to shuffle I'd get them to cut the deck in two when they were finished shuffling. Then I'd put the top stack underneath the other one and then take the cards off the top of the deck. I used to always have a look at the card on the bottom of the deck (which I called the 'cut' card) and see what it was. Amazingly it used to always give me a good indication of what the issue was about - but I've not idea how or why this was the case.

Alternatively, if you use a significator card this can help too. One reader I know allows the querant to go through the deck and choose a card that appeals to them as the significator, rather than choosing one herself. She says this gives her an idea of where the querant is focused now, even if it's unconsciously.

Hope that helps.

*ariadne*

thank you so much sapienza ^^ I realize it's a really complicated question but you gave a couple of really good suggestions and I appreciate your help.. ø

Alta

As you say, multi-faceted. I prefer to have a question, because my particular cast of mind likes to have a focal point. If I don't get one I'll create one by drawing a card specifically for the question and then go ahead and do the reading based on that.

I also think that 'general' questions somehow wind up focussing on one area of a person's life. You can't do a CC for example and say 'that card is about my bf' and 'that card is about my mother' and those three cards are about 'getting my car fixed'. Or at least I don't happen to think so. Unless all three of those things are factors in the fact that you are feeling extremely low at the moment. :) But then, there is still a focus. "You can't get off the couch." :D

Chronata

When I read for people I actually prefer NOT to have a question beforehand.

I think because it leaves the interpretation more honest and more open...I can tell them more than just what's in the card...I can tell them about images that spring to mind, or other thoughts as well.

I don't have to look at a card...and have to see it only in the context of the question. (like, oh the Queen of Swords means you won't be having children any time soon...)

I like that often whatever question the querant had in mind comes up in my interpretations anyway.

I have discovered two great fast new spreads for folks without questions and with general meanings...

I will ask them...do you want to know where you are going? or do you want to know what you need?

The first...where you are going is a simple past present future...because you can't tell where you are going untilo you know where you have been!

the second...is a spread I call the Majecot Bus Schedule spread

The first card says here's where you are...the second says where you need to be...and the third is how you are getting there!

I used to do a far more complicated spread, but these three card things turn out to be very good for the readings I do in party or bar situations...where no one really wants to let their guard down.

Although I did get a woman last night just full of individual questions...she wanted to know about her relationship, about marriage, about children, about business, about home...she said...oh I could ask questions all night!

but after the same cards kept appearing over and over again...she had to realize that the questions were really all the same question...AND that it had already been answered many times!

I really do prefer to have a blank slate when I start...and then i can dazzle them with answering the questions that were not asked!

sapienza

Chronata said:
the second...is a spread I call the Majecot Bus Schedule spread

The first card says here's where you are...the second says where you need to be...and the third is how you are getting there!

Thanks Chronata, what a great spread idea. I've often played around with variations of the three card spread but haven't come across one like that before and I can see how it would be really handy, especially as you say for quick readings or general readings.

Vadella

I actually love it when I am not asked a question. I read more intuitively that way. If asked a question I get too caught up in it to go with the flow.... unless, I am having one of my "good" days. haha

xx
Vadella

*ariadne*

Marion, Chronata and Vadella...I just want to thank you all for taking your time to answer me and your valuable insights

I hope to get a few more opinions, but I couldn't have asked for more enlightening answers..the spread ideas are great too Thanks!

I think alot of my issue is that I am not *very* psychic, just a little bit of psychic with a lot of intuition thrown in and I am really still honing it so often I can't see the forest for the trees unless I have a starting point..make sense? I will definately try the techniques given here to get a question when I need one and let the cards do the work!

p.s. I could surely draw a card after the reading is laid out if I need one, right? like a clarifier for the whole reading?