Wheel of Fortune Spread

OaksWhispering

I just found and tried this spread and it is definitely one I will use again in the future. For me the reading just fit together nicely, and I love the idea behind it, so I thought I'd share. I love how cards 2,3,4, and 5 are represented as winter, spring, summer, and fall. Puts things into perspective and makes it easy to remember what the cards represent so I won't have to keep pulling up the site whenever I use this spread.

Turns out now is a good time for me to quit lying to myself and make things happen! I used the Chrysalis tarot when I did this spread, so it was a gentle kick in the pants. :p

"This spread is good in a time of change, and can help you identify where you are in the various cycles of your life. These can be things that are all happening at once, or represent a general cycle you are going through."

****4****
*3*1*6*5*
****2****

(Cards 4 and 2 end up being flipped on their side and the diagram on the site shows card 5 as reversed)

Card 1: This represents you, sitting in the middle of the wheel; whether you are there calmly and centered, or if you're fighting this.

Card 2: This point in the cycle represents that which is sleeping or fallow or dead, the quiet winter and dark rich earth from which seeds sprout. It may not look like anything's going on, but this place is necessary and needed; it is the rest from which you will wake, renewed.

Card 3: This card represents what is coming to be; new things that are growing, spring.

Card 4: This is things that are at their height, the summer's glory; something that you can be most successful with right now, an idea who's time is right.

Card 5: This card represents the things that are passing away, that are no longer needed, or that are dying now, the autumn.

Card 6: This is Dame Fortune Herself, turning the Wheel: the overall theme of Fate in your life right now.

"With which card on the rim of the wheel does the card representing you have the most in common? With which card and position do you identify the strongest?"

Here is the site I got it from:
http://www.thaliatook.com/AMGG/wheelspread.html

Rose Lalonde

I happened across this spread at the site you link to just the other day, and had to try it out right away. I clicked here to see if you were posting a different take on the same theme, but obviously we both liked this one! :) The seasonal associations work well for me too, and since I'm working with Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot (which is why that site came up on a related search -- card 6) this spread seems appropriate for the deck.

You've reminded me to go back over there and look around some more, so thanks.

(And on a side note, the creator of this spread has an account here from when they posted about their Goddess Oracle.)

OaksWhispering

Oh lovely, thanks for letting me know.

It is a great spread :)

autumn and the sword

This spread is intriguing, I think I might give it a go tomorrow. Thanks so much for sharing!

-- Meranda