Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Citizen

strings of life 
Citizen

Reviving this thread. I posted here many months ago and ended up parting with my Silver and 1st edition (long story) but am giving the deck a second try with the 2nd edition pewter gilt edged version.

Is anyone else interested in studying the new deck?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #81
Citizen

BelovedK 
Citizen

I am. I love this deck but have never been able to give readings with it. I'll pick it up today, where do you want to start?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #82
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurarcana
Reviving this thread. I posted here many months ago and ended up parting with my Silver and 1st edition (long story) but am giving the deck a second try with the 2nd edition pewter gilt edged version.

Is anyone else interested in studying the new deck?
Just add '2nd edition' to the thread titles please and I'll index them separately.

Sulis x
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #83
Citizen

strings of life 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis
Just add '2nd edition' to the thread titles please and I'll index them separately.

Sulis x
Will do. Should I create a second edition Study Group index as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK
I am. I love this deck but have never been able to give readings with it. I'll pick it up today, where do you want to start?
Hooray! Every time I say I'll participate in a Study Group I feel like I am the only one, thus defeating the purpose.

I was thinking of going in random order based on card draws (daily, although they may not occur daily) but it may be best to study the deck in order one card at a time. I could only commit to one per week, but at that rate, this deck study would take months. What do you think?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #84
Citizen

BelovedK 
Citizen

I'm up for either. I think it would be fun if it was random based on a draw. I'm ready to start, maybe we could start the study week on Monday, and start now!

I've been playing with the deck this morning, and am so glad someone else wants to work with it in this way
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #85
Citizen

BelovedK 
Citizen

Idea!

I have an idea, maybe we could do a series in each suit a week. For instance Ace through five of Wands for the first week, Six through Ten the second wee, and then the court cards for that suit. That way we could get through the deck quicker instead of meandering through.

I am an organized Virgo by heart LOL, so this appeals to me, what do you think?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #86
Resident

Hippychick-Annie 
Resident

Smile

Yes i'm interested... I have just recieved my 2nd ed Bohemian Gothic and dont have the book. I have spent the last few days reading the comments on the Bohemian Gothic study group, but of course there have been some changes to the cards and I never had the first edition.
I'm a very disordered person and dont care in what order it is done.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #87
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

Moderator message

It's up to you of course but from experience I've found that the study groups that work best with people remaining interested and not dropping out are the ones that study the cards in a random order with anyone who wants to starting a thread.

If you put lots of rules and organisation in there people start waiting for others to start threads and are afraid of messing up the order. This causes people to drop out of the group and the group fizzles out.

I've started an index for the second edition deck and put it at the top of this forum here (click)

Please let me know by PM when a new thread is started and I'll add it to the index.

Have fun .

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #88
Citizen

BelovedK 
Citizen

Well random works for me too
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #89
Citizen

strings of life 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis
It's up to you of course but from experience I've found that the study groups that work best with people remaining interested and not dropping out are the ones that study the cards in a random order with anyone who wants to starting a thread.

If you put lots of rules and organisation in there people start waiting for others to start threads and are afraid of messing up the order. This causes people to drop out of the group and the group fizzles out.

I've started an index for the second edition deck and put it at the top of this forum here (click)

Please let me know by PM when a new thread is started and I'll add it to the index.

Have fun .

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator
Thanks for creating the new Index for the 2nd edition .

I really like the idea of randomly studying it, but am drawn to the orderly aspects of treating this like a project too. I need structure otherwise I tend to let things fall by the wayside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK
I have an idea, maybe we could do a series in each suit a week. For instance Ace through five of Wands for the first week, Six through Ten the second wee, and then the court cards for that suit. That way we could get through the deck quicker instead of meandering through.

I am an organized Virgo by heart LOL, so this appeals to me, what do you think?
I like your suggestion and it seems doable. I have a lot of time on my train rides home from work and may bring my laptop on the train or journal my observations and transcribe them at night. Perhaps we can do one Major per week as well?

I don't want to be overly ambitious, so this is where the unstructured part comes in. We can work through the Minors at our own pace so if we fall off a bit, there is no guilty conscious.

If you (not intended for BelovedK specifically) get to a card first, start a thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippychick-Annie
Yes i'm interested... I have just recieved my 2nd ed Bohemian Gothic and dont have the book. I have spent the last few days reading the comments on the Bohemian Gothic study group, but of course there have been some changes to the cards and I never had the first edition.
I'm a very disordered person and dont care in what order it is done.
We are just chatting about different approaches. No rules .

--

I have never participated in a study group here, and have been on the fence about it since studying just helps us record how we feel about a card at a specific time; the meanings and discoveries often change each time you read a card. But, I really love how these images stimulate me creatively, especially for writing.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #90

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.