Just found - Tarot Nusantara

JSNYC

Wow! [size=+1]Wow![/size] [size=+2]Wow![/size]

I really, really like that!

The minor arcana are almost a exact copy of RWS and I really like this style! I would prefer an English translation though...

zephyr_heart

Too bad:( I discovered they only sell and distribute in Indonesia for now!

zephyr_heart

Link update

You know, I wikied this and then googled the relevant information about the bookstore in Indonesia (in google, type: kinokuniya indonesia) and got this

Perhaps you can e-mail one of the three address, and ask if they have some copies of the book.

Debra

"Dear Customer,

We do not take book orders or inquiries from this blog. All inquiries regarding book orders must be sent to customer_service@kinokuniya.co.id.

Thank you,
Admin"

eta: I recall that Indonesia has particularly limited and difficult import/export so this might be a tough one to get hold of. Perhaps through Japan, would be my guess.

zephyr_heart

Anyone got any new information until now?

gregory

No but I have emailed someone who may be able to help....

nicole_

Sinduction said:
Had to red this aloud to my SO! Too funny!
This has me in tears at the moment. :D

Oh the fun I am having at everyone's expense! I really do hope no one is reduced to buying cats in bags to get hold of this deck.

I'm so wondering what word translated to "cats."

With my limited bahasa indonesia, kitties are kucing. :)

irmata

The first time I saw this on dA I just about peed myself with excitement - the artwork is just my style and the colours make me swoony. Never received any word back when contacting the artist, so I'm glad someone has made some progress!

Now to find someone going to Indonesia to bring me back 1 or 10 or so...

ETA: It will be mine! ;)

zephyr_heart

Just get it~~~:D

Looks like they really don't sell it outside Indonesia. (BTW maybe I forget to tell you I'm from Indonesia, so sorry...)

Maybe like irmata just said, try and go get it by yourself.

nicole_

:)

After much trouble, I managed to get hold of Tarot Nusantara.

Because it was so much trouble, I bought many as I think many of us would like to get a piece of the juicy little deck. I will put them up in the trading thread in a while.

It is completely RWS with skinny people.

The cardstock and printing was a surprise. The decks are surprisingly as thick as Los Scarabeo's. I put the decks side by side and they were exactly the same thickness. 10cm x 6.4cm.

Shuffles well, fans well, rounded corners, grainy glossy card varnish/laminate in front, though I reckon the card backs are not varnished/laminated. However, it seems sturdy enough for me to shuffle wildly for years without fear of the ink coming off or the card disintegrating. The cardback is pretty. I can't decide what colour it is though. It is either bronze or reddish brown. Either way, they are pretty.

Am quite satisfied with it.

The book is nice if you read Bahasa Indonesia. The book cover has gilted bits but the pages are in black/white/grey.

This deck doesn't photograph well because of the gloss varnish/laminate. Flash and it reflects. No flash and it looks dull. Anyway, the images are here:

Attachments

• card back.jpg
    card back.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 186
  • majors.jpg
    majors.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 198
  • minors.jpg
    minors.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 181