Just found - Tarot Nusantara

la-luna

nicole_ said:
:)

After much trouble, I managed to get hold of Tarot Nusantara.

Because it was so much trouble, I bought many as I think many of us would like to get a piece of the juicy little deck. I will put them up in the trading thread in a while.

It is completely RWS with skinny people.

The cardstock and printing was a surprise. The decks are surprisingly as thick as Los Scarabeo's. I put the decks side by side and they were exactly the same thickness. 10cm x 6.4cm.

Shuffles well, fans well, rounded corners, grainy glossy card varnish/laminate in front, though I reckon the card backs are not varnished/laminated. However, it seems sturdy enough for me to shuffle wildly for years without fear of the ink coming off or the card disintegrating. The cardback is pretty. I can't decide what colour it is though. It is either bronze or reddish brown. Either way, they are pretty.

Am quite satisfied with it.

The book is nice if you read Bahasa Indonesia. The book cover has gilted bits but the pages are in black/white/grey.

This deck doesn't photograph well because of the gloss varnish/laminate. Flash and it reflects. No flash and it looks dull. Anyway, the images are here:

I'm in love :D

LavenderLibra

Wow...I really like this. Unlike anything else I've seen so far. Thank you for sharing your find.

Kissa

NOOOOOOO!!!! I don't need another RWS clone!!!!!!! (I'm broke anyway so don't force me to buy it, please...)

This one is gorgeous though. Darn.
I love the colors (remind me of the Commemorative and the Golden Rider, more Golden probably). Card stock sounds interesting too. I don't know if I could get used to the skinny people in there...

I probably will not be able to afford that set, which is a pity since I am fluent in indonesian. Mwahaaahaaaahaaa...

nicole_

We could trade via the trading forum. I've been wanting a Kissa Tarot anyway.

Kissa

oh sh*t... just when I *almost* succeeded in de-enabling myself... Life is a b*tch ;-)

nisaba

Kissa said:
oh sh*t... just when I *almost* succeeded in de-enabling myself... Life is a b*tch ;-)
<laughter> Never mind, you'll get a deck you want for no money, and you'll get rid of one of that huge pile of Kissatarots that are cluttering up your life.

I love my Kissa more than I possibly could an Indonesian starveling RWS - you'll get the rough edge of the deal. <grin>

Quester

Kissa said:

LOL!!! Laughed right out loud and startled the dog!!!

nicole_

*Smiles happily to self*

Ooooh....I checked the tracking numbers from the first batch sent out and they have already arrived in respective countries on 27th April. Now it is just a matter of waiting for these Nusantaras to turn up at doorsteps :)

strings of life

^ Ooh, I can't wait. I love the explosive colors and '60s era artwork (in my opinion).

* waits *

nicole_

I took a look at the deck again and I agree with you on the colours.

While the main colour theme is earthy, the artist splashed hot pink, red, turquoise and sky blue on selected bits of the deck.