New TdM II, from Rio IIIIto, Tarot de Marsella Robledo

eltarot78

Well, I'm sure I have a Western Union somewhere around here and I'm willing to host, but I can't go until the weekend. Kalliope and Abaris, if you want to start sooner, you're welcome to host instead . . . it's all good!

Whoever hosts will collect payment from the others through paypal and then take the whole sum to WU, right? I guess the first step is to decide for sure how many decks we are ordering and then get info on shipping costs from eltarot. We will then divide that by however many we are (three at the moment :) ) and add that to the price of the deck, $39 . . . correct? The toughest part is figuring out shipping costs after the bulk package arrives--maybe emmsma can help us with that though since she already did it in--was it November? And I'm thinking of adding that to the total sum and dividing it as well by three, particularly if I'm the host, since (if I'm the host) I don't want to end up paying less overall than either of you . . . :)

In other words, the calculation will be: (3 x $39 + bulk shipping cost from Argentina + 2 x individual deck shipping cost) / 3. Does that sound right?

ETA: Shall we officially decide to go for it at three, or do you want to wait for another person?

Hi punchinella, for me is good,

so far the cost of shipping from Argentina to you is u$s 45,20, 1kg package.

thanks emmsma for their advice

kalliope

Hi punchinella, for me is good,

so far the cost of shipping from Argentina to you is u$s 45,20, 1kg package.

thanks emmsma for their advice

Yes, thanks to emmsma for the advice and suggestions! I think the small priority boxes sound like the best option, and I think the boxes are free with the cost of shipping, right?

So it looks like it's working out to be:
shipping + 3 decks + 3 priority shipping boxes
45.20 + (3x39) + (3x5.20) = 177.80
177.80/3 = 59.27 --->$60.00 each

Dang that expensive shipping! As for whether we should go for it now, or wait for a fourth person, I'm up in the air about it. For us, it will only save about 4 dollars (the difference between the shipping divided by 3 or 4), but for that fourth person, if he or she is in the U.S. it will probably be the difference between getting the deck or not!

I'll go either way, depending on what you guys want to do. :)

Abaris

I'd say maybe give it a day or two for someone else to sign on and then, whether there are three or four, do it, but if people do not want to wait I'm happy to jump right to it.

I'm happy with Punchinella doing the hosting and don't mind waiting for the weekend.

emmsma

Yes, thanks to emmsma for the advice and suggestions! I think the small priority boxes sound like the best option, and I think the boxes are free with the cost of shipping, right?

So it looks like it's working out to be:
shipping + 3 decks + 3 priority shipping boxes
45.20 + (3x39) + (3x5.20) = 177.80
177.80/3 = 59.27 --->$60.00 each

Dang that expensive shipping! As for whether we should go for it now, or wait for a fourth person, I'm up in the air about it. For us, it will only save about 4 dollars (the difference between the shipping divided by 3 or 4), but for that fourth person, if he or she is in the U.S. it will probably be the difference between getting the deck or not!

That will only be 2 priority boxes, as that first deck is already going to be at its destination. :)

punchinella

That will only be 2 priority boxes, as that first deck is already going to be at its destination. :)
Yes, my revised calculation is 172.60 total, 57.50 each. This is an expensive deck, but worth every penny . . . I'm starting to feel excited already :D
kalliope said:
As for whether we should go for it now, or wait for a fourth person, I'm up in the air about it. For us, it will only save about 4 dollars (the difference between the shipping divided by 3 or 4), but for that fourth person, if he or she is in the U.S. it will probably be the difference between getting the deck or not!
On the other hand maybe he or she is not in the U.S. (Le Fanu?) Maybe it's okay to leave it . . .

kalliope

Whoops! You're completely right! :laugh: Thank you!

Yes, my revised calculation is 172.60 total, 57.50 each. This is an expensive deck, but worth every penny . . . I'm starting to feel excited already :D
On the other hand maybe he or she is not in the U.S. (Le Fanu?) Maybe it's okay to leave it . . .

Yes, it's expensive, but like you I think it will be worth it.

And I'm sure someone, somewhere, will scoop up that last lonely deck. It will be okay. :)

eltarot78

in case, mine just out of curiosity
someone may find the cost of shipping from the U.S. to Portugal?

when you want, start with the shipping

kalliope

in case, mine just out of curiosity
someone may find the cost of shipping from the U.S. to Portugal?

when you want, start with the shipping

You just want to know how much it would cost to send a deck from the U.S. to Portugal? It would cost US$ 13.95 to send a small International Priority box. Not too bad.

eltarot78

You just want to know how much it would cost to send a deck from the U.S. to Portugal? It would cost US$ 13.95 to send a small International Priority box. Not too bad.

Thanks Kalliope, this I think is very interesting,
and I am informing LeFanu, to see if he is interested

punchinella

Yes, I thought of this too :)