LS Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

rwcarter

Like Cerulean, I've ordered the book from Llewellyn. Just checked and although the other items in my order shipped, that item didn't. And I can't find any way to check the status of an order. So I don't know what the status of the book is.... grrrrr.... :mad:

Rodney

Cerulean

Is the kit and book shipping as of March 1st-5th, 2008?

It seems to be 'available' at the Llewellyn site and there was a vendor that advertised the kit edition on Amazon.com and the status is 'shipped' (for me)...I think I also saw the Lo Scarabeo Sweet Enchantress and Dame Fortune as 'available'---anyway, I'm hoping the book and deck is coming to me, together!

Cerulean

Onyx

Cerulean said:
It seems to be 'available' at the Llewellyn site and there was a vendor that advertised the kit edition on Amazon.com and the status is 'shipped' (for me)...I think I also saw the Lo Scarabeo Sweet Enchantress and Dame Fortune as 'available'---anyway, I'm hoping the book and deck is coming to me, together!

Cerulean

I am also waiting with great anticipation for the books release. I am on a list for Amazon to notifiy me when it comes available. They don't even have it for preorder anymore. I know that Llewellyn seems to have it for sale but I am not sure it is accurate.

Boy will I be ready to get my hands on the book and see if what I think about the deck corresponds with the companion guide.

Onxy.

rwcarter

I canceled my order with Llewellyn for the book last week. (And I had to call them to do so cause there's no mechanism for doing that on their website....) I was quite happy to pay full price for the book if it had actually been available three months ago like their holiday catalog made it seem. I'll wait until I know it's out and then get it at a discount somewhere else.

Rodney

shadowdancer

This is the main frustration I do have with LS.

Many of their decks lend themselves to an accompanying book, and often I see there is to be a kit version - either for it to never materialise or for it to appear a long time later. By that time I have not got the best I could out of the deck as it was missing some information that could have been useful during those early stages

I wish in a way they wouldn't advertise the kits and books if they know they are not going to be forthcoming at all, or available in the short term. It does appear many of us have waited in hope for it not then not materialise. The Mona Lisa deck is a prime case in point

Davina

Cerulean

"Kit" was a regular LS Mona Lisa Tarot...just the regular booklet...

...ah well, so I'm still waiting for the book and deck edition from Llewellyn and no word when that will come to be shipping.

I did want the deck, but had hoped this 'kit' with text by Mark McElroy was actually the one with the promised book...the listing was new on Amazon.com, but it wasn't the edition I was hoping for.

Cerulean

Tibor

Sad sad situation

I just contacted Lo Scarabeo and they said that the Mona Lisa Tarot kit 'should be available in 2010'

rwcarter

Tibor, yes that's quite sad.... :(

Rodney

Manda

Tibor said:
I just contacted Lo Scarabeo and they said that the Mona Lisa Tarot kit 'should be available in 2010'

Grr...

This is such a lovely deck that could so much use an accompanying book. I say that as a person who rarely reads the books, haha.

Onyx

Kills me!

I have loved and studied this deck for a year. (Granted on and off.) I have looked over and over on these cards and I was hoping that the promise of this march would result in a book. The deck is dense and beautiful. Rich, detailed and full of stories the cards intrigue me but are elusive and daunting.

Now the wait for the companion book is another year to year and a half. I am not sure I have it in me to continue with the deck for that much longer. Now that I know that this book is going to be so far off that I might just be done with the deck for now and put it in storage. I may check back in a while once the book is available and see if I am still interested.

Onyx.