What are they trying to tell you spread

mysticmoon

Hi people :)

I am new to learning tarot... I have designed a new spread which is still in the "tuning up" state... I thought I should share it with you all..... I have not been able to use it much so far but so far the results have been quite precise...

Lately I had been feeling that a person at work was trying to tell me something but was not telling me or was not being able to tell me. So this 3 card spread arises out of necessasity..

The spread may be used to figure out if there is an issue that needs to be talked over and if so, why is the person not talking to you about this issue ? Here is the spread :

Card 1: What is the present state or what is it about ? What (if at all) is it that is not being told ?
Card 2: What is / has been your role in the situation?
Card 3: Why is the person not telling you / not being able to tell you?

I guess this spread may be extended to provide more insight into what will be the outcome etc. but as such if these 3 cards show that the person is indeed trying to tell you something that we may draw one or more cards to indicate the outcome etc.

If the cards show that the person is not trying to tell you anything or that there is really no issue then maybe that's the end of the reading. That there is no issue may be indicated by cards 2 and 3 where if we find that our role has not been significant/ negative (card 2) and that there are no obtacles to disccusion (card 3) then we're safe :). Also, card 1 may give some insight.

I will post two actual reading examples of this spread as soon as I can get some more time....

Best wishes,
mysticmoon

Imagemaker

My first thought is that the position descriptions here are way too long and complicated, as stated, with a mix of past and present questions (what is may be different than what was). In any reading I usually try to go with the picture in the present moment, from which you can move forward. You can always add a card for the past.

How about a simple:

1. what is hidden
2. what is my role (or best path)
3. what blocks movement (this can cover your "why aren't they talking" situation)

Many spreads have similar positions. You could check out the stickies at the top of the spreads forum to see sites with great suggestions.

mysticmoon

Thanks Imagemaker, for your feedback... :) I will check out the stickies too... As a beginner, I am exploring what I can come up with on my own..

Best wishes,
mysticmoon

Mother Goose

I just wanted to let you know I used this spread to help me today. I woke up from a nap because I smelled the scent of cake baking. It was at that point where it's just about to burn, but isn't burning yet. A friend, (watchman who is a member here too) suggested that there was something I needed to do before the cake 'burns.' Between the two of us we figured out what it probably was, but I turned to the cards this evening to get a little more clarification. "what is the smell of cake baking trying to tell me" was basically the question. I was told that I'm getting help from afar (watchman...*wink*) but that I've got some obsticles in my way...mainly my own fears... and that I'll need to make a difficult decision to make a change in my life.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you, since I used your spread. :)