DECK OF THE MONTH: DECEMBER

Lil Red

Hi Lil Red! The scans of that deck look beautiful. Will look forward to hearing how it reads for you. :)

The cards are very beautiful, but when I first got them I had no idea how to read it. It didn't made sense since I only watched the Disney films instead of reading the book. It was only yesterday when I finished reading Alice Adventures in Wonderland that the cards finally made sense. I'm currently reading the Looking Glass and so far I have an appreciation for Alice Tarot.

I believe I have an understanding of it and the companion book is a very big help as well. :heart:

merissa_88

It was only yesterday when I finished reading Alice Adventures in Wonderland that the cards finally made sense. I'm currently reading the Looking Glass and so far I have an appreciation for Alice Tarot.

I believe I have an understanding of it and the companion book is a very big help as well. :heart:

That's great! There are some decks (like the Arthurian) that only made sense to me if I thought of the cards as illustrations for the book. Later, I saw the connections to tarot - but not immediately.

I wonder if it is a deck that will want to be used for certain types of questions?

merissa_88

Quantum Tarot

Thanks Mi-Shell, for letting me know about Nisaba's review. It's a great review and a lovely story about how she discovered physics. Originally, I bought this deck because I thought it was the "Hubble Telescope" tarot with a different name. But it is actually about science - and that means I need the booklet as well as the "internets" and a podcast called "The Titanium Physicists' Podcast" to sort of understand it.

Still it is an absolutely amazing deck. I've started drawing two cards a day: one for which element I need to balance my body and another for which type of empathy (spiritual, mental, physical, emotional, or a combo) do I need to pay attention to. The pictures really speak to my intuition even though I don't know which scientific concept they illustrate until I open the booklet.

I still have not done a reading with more than 5 cards yet. I'm tempted to use this deck for one of the long spreads that people share on the forum this time of year.

Mi-Shell

Honestly, Merissa, I am getting very interested by this deck! :)
- BUT, how to find a copy of the one you have, with the book.....
On the other hand, via "Coursra" I am starting an on line course about Buddhist meditation in mid January and I am planning to then continue using the Roots of Asia for that 12 week period. I also have several books on Buddhism to read.

So my Winter study is pretty well locked up.
After that, I suspect, I will need a break from all things Far East.....

But I will start looking for that deck!
By the way, right now I am finishing 2 courses on Coursera:
Epidemiology of Mayor Depression -
And "What a Plant knows" about biology, the Plant's sensory systems and genetics.....
I have to write an exam on that one on Friday... :(

Lil Red

Alice Tarot is pretty fun and the companion is definitely worth buying. The only thing I get stuck are the readings. Hhm. Maybe I should just reflect on the symbols, before I jump into doing readings. Also, I need to buy a journal, so I can write down my thoughts.

I just got a brilliant idea. How about doing readings while using the Alice Adventures in Wonderland to do Bibliomancy. That will be an interesting idea.

Alice meet Alice :laugh:

merissa_88

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday! :)

Mi-Shell

Yes, ThanXXX merissa!
Happy Solstice and happy new Solar Year!

merissa_88

An early Happy New Year to everyone!

January's thread is here.

Lil Red

Happy New Year Eve everybody!

Mi-Shell

Happy new calendar year!
I also want to give you all a heart felt "good bye hug" - for now.
I am going to be working with Oracle cards for the coming months and have joined the monthly Oracle card study group.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4165283#post4165283

I hope to re-join later in the year when my explorations of Buddhism and so my foray into the Roots of Asia Tarot continue.
Take care, work hard and have fun!
M.