Have your cards ever been WRONG?

Libra289

I've noticed a few times that my cards have just been, well, wrong. There have been times where my cards have told me that a situation will turn out terribly, when it's been the exact opposite. Sometimes my cards completely contradict themselves, too. I began to think it was my interpretations that were wrong and that I just didn't 'get' what they were trying to tell me.

Has this happened to you before? I'm beginning to think I need a new deck, or I need to cleanse them or something.

Owl Song

My cards are just pieces of paper with colored ink on them. They're not "wrong" or "right."

Reading Tarot isn't an exact science and I've definitely had readings over the years that were off. Probably because I mis-interpreted the cards, circumstances changed, or I simply didn't connect. It happens.

Focusing, for me, is important. Really attending to the question being asked or the person I'm reading for. Taking extra time to focus if I find my mind wanders helps. I've learned to slow down over the years. Also, the more you read, the more in tune your readings will be.

gypsy white bear

My cards are just pieces of paper with colored ink on them. They're not "wrong" or "right."

Reading Tarot isn't an exact science and I've definitely had readings over the years that were off. Probably because I mis-interpreted the cards, circumstances changed, or I simply didn't connect. It happens.

Focusing, for me, is important. Really attending to the question being asked or the person I'm reading for. Taking extra time to focus if I find my mind wanders helps. I've learned to slow down over the years. Also, the more you read, the more in tune your readings will be.

i totally agree
it happens to me when i cant focus becuz of noises, atmosphere, etc or just becuz i'm sleepy
try to focus
if u cant tell it, ask querent what's running thru ur mind, after their confirmation, u'll know u r on track or not.

3ill.yazi

Well, yeah. Quite often. I'm learning.

celticnoodle

I've noticed a few times that my cards have just been, well, wrong. There have been times where my cards have told me that a situation will turn out terribly, when it's been the exact opposite. Sometimes my cards completely contradict themselves, too. I began to think it was my interpretations that were wrong and that I just didn't 'get' what they were trying to tell me.

Has this happened to you before? I'm beginning to think I need a new deck, or I need to cleanse them or something.

yes, of course. It happens to everyone. and, just as Owl Song says, -

exactly this.

DownUnderNZer

The cards may reflect the moment and/or give possibilities, but the future is.never set and free will always comes into play.

Having said that ~ if you are emotionally invested or asking the same questions then the way you read them might not be objective or your own biases.

Dont think anyone is 100%, but especially predictive or future readings. :)

RedSquirrel

I've had periods of time where I consistently misinterpreted my readings. I think for me, it has to do with my ability to focus and be open to the reading, because during those periods of time, I also have a difficult time with meditation. I like to write those readings that feel 'off' and revisit them at a later time if I can.

tarotbear

I don't think 'wrong' - as in 'the cards deliberately led you astray' is in the cards' vocabulary. I have seen cards be 'contrary', sarcastic, ambivalent, and sometimes even refuse to answer the question .... but never 'wrong.'

A reading is only as good as the reader doing the reading. If the cards could be 'wrong' - then you would have no trust in them.

Holly doll

No, it's the reader perhaps misinterpreting; or not wanting to understand what the cards are trying to say - they may feel challenged or confronted by the message...

foolMoon

I had a few occasions where the reading seemed totally wrong and disaster - it gave opposite readings to real life situation of the querent. The querent phoned me and complained about the reading and said it was total rubbish. I was deeply disappointed to the readings myself.

However after a couple of weeks later, the querent phoned me again saying the situation has turned again, and the original reading was right. I got praise and apologies as well from the querent.

Reflecting other situations, I would say there are definitely readings which were wrong, but I feel most of the time the readings are right, hence the reason I keep reading Tarot cards.