Have your cards ever been WRONG?

jillkite

I use Tarot as a tool for introspection, both for myself and my querents, and to this end, I integrate as much background knowledge as I can to make sure my reading fits appropriately to the situation at hand. Contextual knowledge is, for me, what makes readings accurate.

Yes to this above.

Also agree with those who said that the future is always changing according to whatever is happening in the present, so future-based readings can very changeable, meaning that you can check something today, but maybe tomorrow it's something different because the energy has changed.

Like others, I never believe that my cards are 'wrong' but my interpretation, especially for myself, can be missing some peices that only become apparent later. i like to take photos of readings that i do for myself so i can refer back to them over a few days as new inspirations and perspectives about what the cards might be telling me come on the surface.

Pam O

I've noticed a few times that my cards have just been, well, wrong. There have been times where my cards have told me that a situation will turn out terribly, when it's been the exact opposite.

Was the card that said "a situation will turn out terribly" one of the cards that so many book authors only see as "bad"? Was it the 10 of swords? Tower? 5 of pentacles? 3 of swords? 5 of swords?

From the Anna K book: "The 5 of swords is one of the few solely negative cards. None of its meanings are positive."

You said, "I'm beginning to think I need a new deck". :?:
Which deck did you use for this reading? Then we can all look at the same card illustration as you pulled, and together we ATers can band together to explore how that card could maybe show "the exact opposite" situation that actually happened. :lightbulb

donnalee

I find that *I* have been wrong, or just puzzled and maybe overwhelmed, when i start to include way too many cards to explian things in readings for myself, but not that 'the cards' are wrong except if it's a deck that somehow I don't connect with, in which case I am still confused and not able to interpret them so well--for some reason they work out fine when I read for others, but sometimes in reading for myself I get dumb and then dumber, when I look at more cards to 'clarify'--

donnalee

Was the card that said "a situation will turn out terribly" one of the cards that so many book authors only see as "bad"? Was it the 10 of swords? Tower? 5 of pentacles? 3 of swords? 5 of swords?

From the Anna K book: "The 5 of swords is one of the few solely negative cards. None of its meanings are positive."

You said, "I'm beginning to think I need a new deck". :?:
Which deck did you use for this reading? Then we can all look at the same card illustration as you pulled, and together we ATers can band together to explore how that card could maybe show "the exact opposite" situation that actually happened. :lightbulb

Huh, I disagree on her view of the five of swords, in the sense that it can show that a crappy situation is happening or did happen/might happen, and can encourage an attitude of healing, to me...YMMV as usual!

Luna-Ocean

I have a meeting with someone next week the cards i drew looked like things wouldn't turn out so good, 10 of swords the Tower and 5 of swords, i'm now seriously thinking i really should not attend this event, but it could be i'm over worrying with all those swords?

I have done readings for a friend and nothing but good cards for the out-come, but then i was told after it was only short lived?

Owl Tarot

I've noticed a few times that my cards have just been, well, wrong. There have been times where my cards have told me that a situation will turn out terribly, when it's been the exact opposite. Sometimes my cards completely contradict themselves, too. I began to think it was my interpretations that were wrong and that I just didn't 'get' what they were trying to tell me.

Has this happened to you before? I'm beginning to think I need a new deck, or I need to cleanse them or something.

This one, along with other important points to consider that other members made, I think also depends on how you choose to see the cards. If you believe some cards imply "disaster" and some imply "benevolence" then obviously, some readings may seem as disastrous and some as "made from the Heavens". If you, however, merely see the cards as good or ill dignified, this phenomenon may not be there and your readings may seem to you more accurate, the more objective you become. It also highly depends on what you assosiate your cards with. Overally, I don't think your deck has anything to do with it though, because all cards remain valid. What you make out of them per instance is a different thing though.

ravenest

I have a meeting with someone next week the cards i drew looked like things wouldn't turn out so good, 10 of swords the Tower and 5 of swords, i'm now seriously thinking i really should not attend this event, but it could be i'm over worrying with all those swords?

I have done readings for a friend and nothing but good cards for the out-come, but then i was told after it was only short lived?

Maybe the prediction is ... you will overworry because of all the swords in this reading, so you wont attend the event and that is going to cause trouble ?

Or ... just go prepared for what the cards indicate. If the prediction is based on inevitable events unfolding, to lead to certain outcomes; they will - one way or another.

Pam O

Huh, I disagree on her view of the five of swords, in the sense that it can show that a crappy situation is happening or did happen/might happen, and can encourage an attitude of healing, to me...YMMV as usual!
I TOTALLY disagree with her view of the 5 of swords also!!!!!!! I can't believe Llewellyn actually printed the book with that false statement. Did all the Llewellyn Tarot "experts" neglect to read, and proof, the Anna K companion book before it was printed up for the kit?

There are just so many times that *certain* cards get a bad rap, so people say, "Oh, it is going to be terrible. I got that *bad* card!" There are NO bad cards. It is just cards that RWS pictures the negative unbalanced side in *certain* card illustrations... but there is always the other side. There is always a way to balance out, or even go to the opposite extreme...

Chimera Dust

They haven't but I have. :)