Have your cards ever disliked somebody in your life? Or you?!

sparklingRaven

Think the titles pretty self explanatory lol. Has your deck ever not liked you or someone in your life? I'm curious.

What brought this up, if you're interested:
So I've been struggling with the Mary-El for about a year now. I thought if I kept at it I could get the hang of it, but I'm really doubting that at this point. I found a spread on here about your decks energy and your energy and compatibility. The deck's energy is high, it doesn't need to be cleansed, but I got a low number for the energy/compatibility. I'm exhausted right now so I asked for clarification about whether we are even a good working pair. I pulled an Ace haha. I asked if there was anything I could do to improve our relationship (I really like the artwork guys!) and I pulled the Ace of Cups which suggests new love or object of love when I currently am in a happy, long term relationship.

The other day when I did a spiritual growth reading (which some of you were kind enough to help me out with :D) and I pulled the non reversed lovers for what was blocking my spiritual growth, implying that maybe it's my relationship. At this point, I flat out asked whether it likes Jeff or not by calling odd for no and even for yes. I pulled the fool. I don't consider that an answer because zero is a weird number and when pressed the deck gave me a nine. So I guess not.

Now in the past, when I asked if me and him were a good pair, the deck positively gushed. I pulled the lovers and the two of cups and the spread was just filled with happy cups and positive major arcana. But it doesn't seem to like him? Or maybe, it's me, and the deck is resentful that he gifted them to me lol. I just think it's kind of funny and wondered about any similar experiences!

dancing_moon

No, never. :) There were instances when I couldn't understand a deck or work with it, but it was due to my personal lack of knowledge or incompatibility issues, not because the deck 'didn't like me'. :)

By the way, Ace of Cups doesn't necessarily mean a new lover or object of affection. It could mean renewed affection towards the Mary-El, openness to its messages or opening up your intuition/your heart in general.

Hope you can find common grounds with this stunning deck. :)

ana luisa

That's an interesting concept but I have to say I have never had my cards dislike someone but myself. To me, reading is a very intimate thing so either the deck jives with me or not. Sometimes, it takes a long time before the deck starts talking. Some need more time to "open up". And some never do, unfortunately. What does happen is that I can't read for some specific people. And it does not relate to decks but to me. I could use all the decks I own and still wouldn't be able to read for person X or Y. I can't explain why that happens but is has been my experience.

Here's two things you could do:

put the ME aside for a while; perhaps it needs that hiatus

use the deck as an oracle rather than tarot. (I will be stoned for this!). If you like the art so much, you won't find it hard to associate it with feelings and messages. Then, if it works keep using it and slowly mesh tarot and oracle reading. I KNOW this is very unorthodox but I figure one can do whatever feels right with her cards.... :)

Good luck with your deck :thumbsup:

gypsy white bear

my deck hates my bf and dont want him to touch
althought "he" accepts the thought of being a family altogether
lol

Libra289

my deck hates my bf and dont want him to touch
althought "he" accepts the thought of being a family altogether
lol

Oh yes! I have one deck that loved certain people I'd ask advice on, would tell me to be compassionate, etc. and one that absolutely hated them and told me to have nothing to do with them. I know this wasn't a psychological thing, as I noticed it after a few readings haha!

celticnoodle

Think the titles pretty self explanatory lol. Has your deck ever not liked you or someone in your life? I'm curious.

What brought this up, if you're interested:
So I've been struggling with the Mary-El for about a year now. I thought if I kept at it I could get the hang of it, but I'm really doubting that at this point. I found a spread on here about your decks energy and your energy and compatibility. The deck's energy is high, it doesn't need to be cleansed, but I got a low number for the energy/compatibility. I'm exhausted right now so I asked for clarification about whether we are even a good working pair. I pulled an Ace haha. I asked if there was anything I could do to improve our relationship (I really like the artwork guys!) and I pulled the Ace of Cups which suggests new love or object of love when I currently am in a happy, long term relationship.
Not sure which Ace you pulled, but perhaps the Ace indicates if you work more with this deck it will be a good relationship between you and the deck. Aces are pretty positive. The Ace of Cups doesn't always mean a new love or object of love in the way it seems you are implying. Couldn't it be suggesting that if you give yourself more time to bond with the deck, you'll come to love it? You even mentioned you were exhausted. Maybe not using it when you are so tired. Come back to it when well rested.

The other day when I did a spiritual growth reading (which some of you were kind enough to help me out with :D) and I pulled the non reversed lovers for what was blocking my spiritual growth, implying that maybe it's my relationship. At this point, I flat out asked whether it likes Jeff or not by calling odd for no and even for yes. I pulled the fool. I don't consider that an answer because zero is a weird number and when pressed the deck gave me a nine. So I guess not.
I don't think the tarot can really answer yes or no questions. But, if I had asked this question and pulled the Fool, I'd take it as having no particular feeling one way or the other. Perhaps also pressing it further for an answer, as you did by asking it again--you 'pissed' it off, thus getting the 9? :laugh:

Now in the past, when I asked if me and him were a good pair, the deck positively gushed. I pulled the lovers and the two of cups and the spread was just filled with happy cups and positive major arcana. But it doesn't seem to like him? Or maybe, it's me, and the deck is resentful that he gifted them to me lol. I just think it's kind of funny and wondered about any similar experiences!

I think that perhaps you just need to play more with this deck and get use to it. Putting it away for awhile as already suggested may be a good idea too. I will say that the cards are really a 'tool', but I also have at times seen a certain personality in a deck--so I can see where people may also see their cards this way. Maybe its the energy of ourselves or other peoples that come close to or touch the cards? There is a lot in this world that we just do not know yet and have to accept. So, who knows for sure? But, I am thinking that perhaps you just need to take a break from this deck and I'm sure the deck is not jealous of the relationship between you and Jeff.

ravenest

I suppose some people will see their 'decks' as resentful, angry even, about certain people (shrugs ... not much I can do about that) .... ummm ... if it starts telling you what you should do to those people ... better check with us first.

Zephyros

I suppose some people will see their 'decks' as resentful, angry even, about certain people (shrugs ... not much I can do about that) .... ummm ... if it starts telling you what you should do to those people ... better check with us first.

You mean I shouldn't kill Joan Baez?

sparklingRaven

No, never. :) There were instances when I couldn't understand a deck or work with it, but it was due to my personal lack of knowledge or incompatibility issues, not because the deck 'didn't like me'. :)

By the way, Ace of Cups doesn't necessarily mean a new lover or object of affection. It could mean renewed affection towards the Mary-El, openness to its messages or opening up your intuition/your heart in general.

Hope you can find common grounds with this stunning deck. :)
Ooh thank you for the alternate thoughts on the Ace of cups! I think because of the earlier spiritual growth spread, I automatically went to a romantic relationship, but that's an idea. I admit, I've been very frustrated with trying to use this deck lately. Perhaps it just wants patience, commitment, and for me to remember how excited and loving I felt towards it when I first received it.
That's an interesting concept but I have to say I have never had my cards dislike someone but myself. To me, reading is a very intimate thing so either the deck jives with me or not. Sometimes, it takes a long time before the deck starts talking. Some need more time to "open up". And some never do, unfortunately. What does happen is that I can't read for some specific people. And it does not relate to decks but to me. I could use all the decks I own and still wouldn't be able to read for person X or Y. I can't explain why that happens but is has been my experience.

Here's two things you could do:

put the ME aside for a while; perhaps it needs that hiatus

use the deck as an oracle rather than tarot. (I will be stoned for this!). If you like the art so much, you won't find it hard to associate it with feelings and messages. Then, if it works keep using it and slowly mesh tarot and oracle reading. I KNOW this is very unorthodox but I figure one can do whatever feels right with her cards.... :)

Good luck with your deck :thumbsup:
Good advise. I do have a new deck on the way, so maybe we both need a little rest from one another. And I like the oracle idea! I feel like that may work much better for me.

Sometimes the cards are so stubborn haha.
Not sure which Ace you pulled, but perhaps the Ace indicates if you work more with this deck it will be a good relationship between you and the deck. Aces are pretty positive. The Ace of Cups doesn't always mean a new love or object of love in the way it seems you are implying. Couldn't it be suggesting that if you give yourself more time to bond with the deck, you'll come to love it? You even mentioned you were exhausted. Maybe not using it when you are so tired. Come back to it when well rested.

I don't think the tarot can really answer yes or no questions. But, if I had asked this question and pulled the Fool, I'd take it as having no particular feeling one way or the other. Perhaps also pressing it further for an answer, as you did by asking it again--you 'pissed' it off, thus getting the 9? :laugh:
Well the spread I was using used the number of the card as the judge, so what card was pretty irrelevant. When I asked about compatibility and got a low number (pretty much THE lowest haha) I took it as "we are just not supposed to work together.", but perhaps the cards had different ideas and gave me an ace to say "we aren't working well together now, but we have the potential". I think I'll stop trying to get simple yes or no's from it and give it more room to express itself.

PS I'm glad everyone's deck seems to like them! It gives me hope! haha

tarotbear

Not sure if this fits into the discussion or not, but at the time I was not 'into' Tarot (not for years!); we were at a bar or something and an acquaintance was reading cards in a booth for free. A few people had gone up for a reading. Then my friend Sandy went for a reading and 'something happened.' After trying a reading for her once or twice the reader finally said 'The Cards are being very aggressive tonight', stopped her reading, put the cards away, and would not read for anyone else that evening.

The next morning when Sandy's mother went to wake her brother up, they found he had died in his sleep.