Best Bargains

Bhavana

I just got the Tarot de Trieste and book (in German unfortunately since I don't speak German) for €0.89.
With postage to the UK it came to under €4...
I love a bargain and it's a lovely deck too.

yes! Gorgeous!

rwcarter

I believe that I just got the best bargain, if not of all time, then at the very least that I'll ever get! For $44 including shipping as a Buy It Now auction on eBay, I received 5 sets, all either Thorson's or Aquarian editions and all opened:
  • Beasts of Albion with sealed cards
  • Merlin Tarot
  • Celtic Tarot (Davis)
  • Alchemical Tarot, 1st edition with sealed cards
  • Greenwood Tarot with cards that look like they've never been used!

OMG doesn't even come close!!!!! That comes to $8.80 per set, so I got a brand new Greenwood for $8.80!!!!! The auction was up for an hour and 4 minutes when I saw it and jumped on it. I dared not believe that someone was offering a complete Greenwood set along with 4 other sets for such a low price, but I figured I'd take a gamble for $25. And I'm oh so glad I did! The seller didn't list the names of the decks either in the auction title or body, so I could only go on the one picture he posted and this text
5 sets of various types of tarot cards from the 1990's. All are complete and in their original boxes.
The item condition was listed as used. Yeah, the outer boxes definitely have shelf wear, but the contents are all in superb condition! Definitely a case of underselling. I don't even care that I owed $9 in postage in order to get the package. (The price I originally paid was $35.)

I needed this boost today after a rather rough weekend!

Gerbear

I believe that I just got the best bargain, if not of all time, then at the very least that I'll ever get! For $44 including shipping as a Buy It Now auction on eBay, I received 5 sets, all either Thorson's or Aquarian editions and all opened:
  • Merlin Tarot
  • Celtic Tarot (Davis)

OMG doesn't even come close!!!!! That comes to $8.80 per set, so I got a brand new Greenwood for $8.80!!!!! The auction was up for an hour and 4 minutes when I saw it and jumped on it. I dared not believe that someone was offering a complete Greenwood set along with 4 other sets for such a low price, but I figured I'd take a gamble for $25. And I'm oh so glad I did! The seller didn't list the names of the decks either in the auction title or body, so I could only go on the one picture he posted and this text
The item condition was listed as used. Yeah, the outer boxes definitely have shelf wear, but the contents are all in superb condition! Definitely a case of underselling. I don't even care that I owed $9 in postage in order to get the package. (The price I originally paid was $35.)

I needed this boost today after a rather rough weekend![/QUOTE

Outstanding !! That's a bargain and a half. Probably the best bargain I've heard about.

Cerulean

Ohhh, spans two centuries

What a nice stash of very different and rather treasured decks.

Two or three reprinted, but you now have very nice out of print editions to enjoy for travel and leisure.

Congrads.

• Merlin Tarot
  • Celtic Tarot (Davis)

I needed this boost today after a rather rough weekend!

Bluefeet

Congrats! $8.80 for a Greenwood? Definitely the best bargain!

Freddie

Well done!!

Freddie

Teheuti

Wow - now that's a bargain!

I'm thrilled to have gotten a very rare Lenormand for about $45. There's no specific data on the cards, but there is only one other copy of the same style deck which had an independent guesstimate of around the same period 1890-1900.
http://www.tarotcollectors.com/view_post.php?post_id=20257

If anyone know anything about this particular deck please let me know. It is similar to the Alexander Glück Lenormand of 1846 with a few significant differences.

Le Fanu

Oh rodney! That's fabulous! That must go down in history... Puts my flea market finds to shame.

Just as I was thinking that the Greenwood I saw sell for 95.00 GBP on ebay at the weekend was a bargain!

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

shadowdancer

Rodney, I have got the widest grin going on here for ya right now :D :D

You deserve it, so enjoy the moment.

Shade

Well done! Was your heart pounding when you were entering your info - presumably as other (less deserving) taroists somewhere were racing you?