Anyone combine majors only decks with minors from another?

Freyja of V

I have both of Alexander Daniloff's 2012 and 2010 deck. There are absolutely stunning! The 2010 is a Majors only deck. I personally do not read with just Majors unless I am doing a Majors only spread.

So...I will add the Minors from his 2012 deck to the Major only, to have a full deck to read with. The imagery is so similar, it works.:thumbsup:

This is my only deck that only has Majors, but I know there are many out there.

Does anyone else ever do this with your Majors only decks?
And, if so, which do you combine?:lightbulb

** I don't think I put this in the right area. It probably belongs in Talking Tarot or under Tarot decks? If so, sorry. I did again.

Freyja of V

I am guessing noone does this because noone responded. I am sorry if this seemed like a silly (edited) question.

I was simply curious and because my decks are so similar I feel it works.

But...also... when I first joined a few months ago I suggested this very thing to someone who had a majors only deck and wasn't sure how to use it. I agreed with other posters to keep the spread small but then I told her to mix it with another deck's minors ONLY if the style was similiar. And, now I think that wasn't good advice. :(

Sorry, Freyja

mothcloth

do what works best for you!

i'm by no means an expert, but at the end of the day, tarot is a matter of the heart and opening yourself up to the cards.

if mixing cards feels good for you, helps you to be awesome and receive whatever messages you're trying to channel, then go for it.

don't let anyone dull your shine :)

RiverRunsDeep

I am guessing noone does this because noone responded. I am sorry if this seemed like a stupid question.

I was simply curious and because my decks are so similar I feel it works.

But...also... when I first joined a few months ago I suggested this very thing to someone who had a majors only deck and wasn't sure how to use it. I agreed with other posters to keep the spread small but then I told her to mix it with another deck's minors ONLY if the style was similiar. And, now I think that wasn't good advice. :(

Sorry, Freyja

Hey, girl, don't you dare apologize for what you posted! :)
The lack of response doesn't mean anyone thinks your question
is "stupid". May sound trite, but there is no such thing as a stupid
question.

It makes sense to combine two Daniloff decks. I own several majors-only
decks, but none of them correspond with a 78 card deck that is by the
same artist. I would have to carefully consider which of my decks could
match up properly. I think this is a great idea, though, if you can find a
good match.

Freyja of V

do what works best for you!

i'm by no means an expert, but at the end of the day, tarot is a matter of the heart and opening yourself up to the cards.

if mixing cards feels good for you, helps you to be awesome and receive whatever messages you're trying to channel, then go for it.

don't let anyone dull your shine :)

Hey, girl, don't you dare apologize for what you posted! :)
The lack of response doesn't mean anyone thinks your question
is "stupid". May sound trite, but there is no such thing as a stupid
question.

It makes sense to combine two Daniloff decks. I own several majors-only
decks, but none of them correspond with a 78 card deck that is by the
same artist. I would have to carefully consider which of my decks could
match up properly. I think this is a great idea, though, if you can find a
good match.

Thank you, both of you, so much for responding! Maybe I should say "silly" instead of "stupid". I was just suprised because I could see that there were many who viewed the thread (100+ now) but noone was posting. So I figured it was a silly question.
Like I said... even though I am curious if anyone else does it, I was more concerned because I actually recommended it to someone else and I was worried that may have been bad advice.
Thanks for making me feel better.:thumbsup:
Freyja

Tanga

...I was just suprised because I could see that there were many who viewed the thread (100+ now) but noone was posting. So I figured it was a silly question.
Like I said... even though I am curious if anyone else does it, I was more concerned because I actually recommended it to someone else and I was worried that may have been bad advice.
Thanks for making me feel better.:thumbsup:
Freyja

No one responding doesn't have any reflection on you Freyja of V.
It could be that no-ones thought of doing what you've done, or that right now those people are not looking on AT. Or - that they may have been looking but just didn't have the energy to reply (as is the case for me sometimes).

I've posted a couple of threads with little reply myself (it is disappointing if there are no takers for your comments ;) i.e no one seems to want to play - Lol ) - granted I suspected there might be scant reply because the subjects I spoke about are in a narrower field.
Then I discovered later - a similar topic came up in another thread, and that there were some people out there with similar ideas after all.

On the subject of mixing decks. That's interesting.
I've done it by mixing "the best" of two decks into one - and in this case because I found that using either deck on it's own - there were some cards that I just found disappointing to use (in terms of I didn't like the interpreted art of specific cards) - so I thought mixing the best of the two would get more use out of them. It has worked. :)

But I've not specifically mixed majors and minors. (I don't use majors only and have just one 'majors only' deck).
I'd have to try it out at some point...
But then - I think I'd be more interested in constructing a deck which contained my most favourite cards from a large number of different decks...
(Problem with this is - the sizes wouldn't all match - and I'd need a whole load of new decks etc... :). Plus - I think I'd like the backs to all match as well ).

Freyja of V

No one responding doesn't have any reflection on you Freyja of V.
It could be that no-ones thought of doing what you've done, or that right now those people are not looking on AT. Or - that they may have been looking but just didn't have the energy to reply (as is the case for me sometimes).

I've posted a couple of threads with little reply myself (it is disappointing if there are no takers for your comments ;) i.e no one seems to want to play - Lol ) - granted I suspected there might be scant reply because the subjects I spoke about are in a narrower field.
Then I discovered later - a similar topic came up in another thread, and that there were some people out there with similar ideas after all.

Tanga, thank you. You are right about not having the energy or it could be no one elso ever did it and had nothing to say about it. I guess I am just being defensive and self-conscious. Typical me. ;(

On the subject of mixing decks. That's interesting.
I've done it by mixing "the best" of two decks into one - and in this case because I found that using either deck on it's own - there were some cards that I just found disappointing to use (in terms of I didn't like the interpreted art of specific cards) - so I thought mixing the best of the two would get more use out of them. It has worked. :)

But then - I think I'd be more interested in constructing a deck which contained my most favourite cards from a large number of different decks...
(Problem with this is - the sizes wouldn't all match - and I'd need a whole load of new decks etc... :). Plus - I think I'd like the backs to all match as well ).
This is funny you brought this up, because when I first started, only about 2 years ago, I made up my own unique deck with the cards (majors - minors) I felt I could read the easiest. They were pulled from about 6 different decks and yeah, the sizes didn't match.:eek: But it didn't matter because I wasn't shuffling them. I was just using them to learn.
Thanks for sharing :p
Freyja

Brilliance

Personally I don't do it.