How do you store your cards?

Grizabella

I store mine very ignominiously, I'm afraid. I lost sooooo many decks I had in storage so now I only have just a small number. I've stacked two of those plastic (or whatever it is) old milk crates and I use it to keep my bird's cage on, but I stacked them with one side open to act as shelves. In the top one I store my decks I use more often. The bottom holds the ones I use less often. I use cloth bags, but lost many of my personal bags in storage, so some decks are "double-bunked" two to a bag and some are in plastic or wooden boxes. Then I have this little plastic thing that I think was meant to carry cleaning supplies from room to room, and I use that for the decks I use "right now"---my working decks. The deck I'm using today, that I just got in the mail a couple of days ago, is in a bag by itself and is always on my desk.

shadowdancer

Most of my decks are in tins in a crate - either 2 oz stash tins for the smaller / trimmed decks, or windowed tins for the larger decks.

Otherwise, my main readers are here in the living room in these drawer sets. Each has a pendulum with it in the drawer, but I do like my pendulums, so also have a couple on top.

There are a couple of decks on my radar, I KNOW I will be using, so will get another set of drawers next time I am at K-Mart. They do stack okay, so could save space if I needed to.

Attachments

• deck storage.jpg
    deck storage.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 149

Cocobird55

If a box is especially nice -- usually sets -- I leave the book in there. Otherwise, I store my books in baskets in my bedroom. I do leave the deck I'm using most near my computer.

Brilliance

In their original box.

Gulliver

In a big box all together.

tarotlova

I store mine in this little cupboard & the decks that came with just a box I brought those little gift boxes from the $2.00 shop and store them in there sometimes with crystals but I need to buy more crystals. I have a couple in velvet drawstring bags but the string/ribbon always breaks so that's why I changed to those boxes. I always seem to find one to suit the deck, the bright red one has my Vampyre deck in it! :)

View attachment 79369 CAN'T ROTATE THEM FOR SOME REASON!

View attachment 79370

treelet

I only have four decks so I keep two on my bookshelf wrapped up in a cloth bag or box and the other two (RWS and whatever deck I'm devoting studying time to at the moment) out on a little shrine on the same large bookshelf.

I'm not sure what I'll do if I get anymore decks. I like the idea of knitting each of them their own special bags and then placing them in a larger container, like a square wicker basket or similar.

Barleywine

My daughter brought me a beautiful decorated cedar cigar box for a few of my decks. A woman in Wilmington, NC makes them and sells them at a local shop called "Planet." It can hold two standard tarot decks and two Lenormand decks in their boxes, possibly four 78-card decks without the boxes. There is also a wider but shallower version.

Attachments

• DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00099.JPG
    DSC00099.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 118

Nemia

I still haven't found a better solution than a five-drawer storage unit from plastic. I like storing my decks in "families" - Thoth family together, RWS and TdM families together, Lenormand and fantastic decks...

I keep also stones and shells and incense with my decks. Each deck sits in a bag (most of those I made myself), and I put simple stickers on them (trying to make the stickers nicer, working on my handwriting here!)

The pictures are from November; since then, I have arranged them better and replaced most stickers :)

Such fun to re-arrange my little collection.

Some years ago, all my cards went into a very nice box. It became too small, and while I was still thinking what to do, our kittens peed on it! Fortunately, kitten pee hardly stinks but I had to clean a lot of bags and one tarot deck. But believe me, they don't smell any more, and I still think Bonny's a remarkable smart cat for loving tarot from kittenhood.

ihcoyc

My reading decks, two apiece, go into steel boxes I get at Office Depot, made for 3x5 index cards. I line the boxes with fake plastic velvet. I often cut out the card image from the original box, have it laminated, and glue it to the top of the box.

For some decks, including my RWS and my Angel tarot, I have individual boxes I made from wood myself.