Picking up girls

Legion

I apologize to anyone who find this unorthodox or respectles, But does anyone have any experience with this? Picking up girls (or boys) with the tarort, using something like a "playbook" routine? Do you have any tips or tricks worth sharing? Will this thread get me banned from the forum?

Moonbow

Oh this post has made my day.

I hope it doesn't get you banned but that all depends on how sincere you are in your question and your responses to the members. I know you aren't the first to use tarot in this way but maybe you need to look at why you need tarot to help you to build relationships.

Tarot can give you messages and insights....usually to things that deep inside you already have an answer to, but as a pick-up trick...hmmm I personally would want someone with their own mind and independence taking the chance. Tarot isn't a toy to make your decisions for you.

MizGrace

I can't respond as I have posted and deleted about 6 times. Words fail me

minotaur

Meeting women with tarot might not be productive. Tarot tends to be a counseling type of reading. As a result you could even end up in the "friend and advisor"" category, not the love category.

I see nothing wrong with this question. This poster wants to meet people using a skill they already have to some extent. Tarot just isn't the best tool for this.

If you want to do it with readings I suggest a simpler type of reading, one with less occult associations and more about having fun. I suggest tree reading.

It is really quite simple. Walk up to her and say something like, "You seem like an interesting person. Doodle me a tree and sign it and I will tell you all about yourself". You can do this with a pen and bar napkin.

If she declines just let it go and thank her nicely for her time. There are a number of good reasons a woman might decline. Otherwise you will have her doodle the tree and a conversation starts.

You won't be talking about her problems, like tarot. You will be talking about what makes her fun and interesting. That is much better for getting to know people.

There are a number of resources for learning tree reading. The best I have seen was recently published on lulu. Though it is about 200 pages it is a fast read and is taught simply and well. The entire system makes sense so is easy to learn.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/andy-fisher/doodle-me-a-tree/paperback/product-21038329.html

If you are not comfortable with that reading palm reading is also an alternative. That too is a readings-based approach that will have women lining up to meet you. For what you want, to meet women and get to know them on a friends and possibly more basis, I think tree reading is much better.

Tarot though, not so much. Too heavy, too occult for light conversation.

Legion

Thanks, everyone, for the great answers. I feel like I really found what I was looking for. Thanks. C:

MizGrace

I have to applaud Minotaur for the answer as, I tried to think of something that would work here and just couldn't. the wording threw me off of what a playbook was and it just left me perplexed. well done really good idea

queenxofxwands

You had me at "tarot" :D

Myrrha

Minotaur do you feel the tree reading system yields actual information about people or is it just a social game? Artwork would almost have to be revealing but I wonder if a system would get in the way. It does sound fun and interesting thanks so much for the link.

nisaba

does anyone have any experience with this? Picking up girls (or boys) with the tarort, using something like a "playbook" routine? Do you have any tips or tricks worth sharing?
<grin> I suppose it is like going to the park with your sister's cute baby or a little fluffy puppy-dog in order to pick up girls, or like being a big, muscular, tattooed bikie flirting gently with the over-eighty set <grin>.

It'll attract attention, and goodwill. I slept with someone once because they pulled out a deck. Mind you, given a bit more time I probably would have, anyway.

"Tips and tricks" imply, though, that you are planning on hoodwinking people into believing that you're someone you're not to get on with them. I counsel against that. I *do* think if you're already on the path towards a relationship, though, it's important to pull out a deck to make sure they're not a Tarot-hating fundy.

Will this thread get me banned from the forum?

I certainly hope not - I see the potential for mirth and merriment here! :)

Legion

To clarify.
"Tarort" was a simply unintended typo, but i suppose it ads a comedic layer to the post.
I'm in a relationship, and i'm a young, sexually inexperienced litle schoolboy, so i'd have no chance ith a woman even if i gave it a try. Waving a fancy deck of cards in their face doesn't shirld my bad breath or how clumsy i get when i talk to a girl, too clumsy to shuffle cards. That, plus the fact that i somehow managed to get a girlfriend without picking up a Woman* in a bar, makes me the type of person least likely to put such a sceme in action.

And i'd never had for an intention to get in bed with a client who seriusly needs help. Not only would that have terible consequences, but it'd be destructive to her already damaged psyche, and she'd loose all respect in me as a Tarot Reader. So no, not what i had in mind.

My intention with the original post was to see if anyone actually has any fun stories to share, or and debatable opinions in store. Not to set a scheme of manipulating people into having sex with me.

As for the comment concerning my christian fath. Christianity in this region of the word is stigmatized in a way that paganism, esoterism, the occult, or divination isn't. Telling someone i'm a tarot reader i could get positive respons, where as telling someone that i'm a christian would make people look at me, laugh, and for the rest of the night drop comments like "so if there is a god, why doesn't he make me rich when i go to church" or "so you tink that all homosexuals should be strung up and hung?" For the sole purpose of ridicule.