Picking up girls

ravenest

It is interesting the unintended connections that can happen. I came out as a tarot reader to a co-worker recently. I thought he would think of it as nonsense. Instead he said he could relate. He then revealed that he is a closet hockey card collector. Learning player stats to evaluate the worthiness of collecting a particular card is a meditative experience of sorts for him. We don't have a romantic relationship at all but I came away thinking I learned something quite close to his heart. Maybe someday he and I can develop hockey tarot (if it isn't out there already). Cups = ice; Swords = skate blades; Wands = hockey sticks; Pentacles = pucks - I'm onto something here!

?
Cups = net ?

KMilliron

I don't use Tarot to pick up (asexual, woo!) but I use it to scare off. I like to keep the death card in an obvious spot in a deck, just to pull it out when the Jehovah's come to visit.

mah jong

Yes, nets would work well for cups. I was channelling ice as being a cup water image.

Using tarot to pick up hotties to me is like a therapist hitting on patients. If one were to use tarot as a tool for attracting babes of either sex though, it might work out okay if one was honest with said babe at the outset of any reading that this is about trying to meet someone rather than helping them on their spiritual quest.

nisaba

I like to keep the death card in an obvious spot in a deck, just to pull it out when the Jehovah's come to visit.

The Devil would be a nice pairing for that particular reading, too.

ravenest

I don't use Tarot to pick up (asexual, woo!) but I use it to scare off. I like to keep the death card in an obvious spot in a deck, just to pull it out when the Jehovah's come to visit.

You do tarot readings for JW's ?

Inconnu

Picking up girls?...
Get a Harley.

nisaba

Get a Harley.

Lovely exchange a while back. A male friend of mine and I were out one night. We both use Tarot, I drive cars whilst he rides A BMW (which obviously stands for "best motorcycle in ze veldt"). I went out for a cigarette - yes, I smoked at the time. A father-son pair were out on the smoking verandah. The father would have been about my age. The son was young, raw, and so drunk that he didn't notice my age or diameter, just my gender. Both of them had leathers on, and helmets at their feet.

Son: "I have a Ducati, love. Wanna come for a ride with me?" Accompanied by a truly hideous leer, and his father rolling his eyes.

I went back in after the cigarette, and mentioned it to my companion. He immediately said: "You should have told him, see that gorgeous guy in there? He rides a BMW, and I wouldn't even **** him, let alone an underage ducati-rider."

<grin>

Or I could simply have pulled out a Tarot deck and hoped he was of the breed that thinks it's satanic.

gregory

Using tarot to pick up hotties to me is like a therapist hitting on patients.

I don't think the idea is to read them into being attracted, is it ? I thought it was a matter of just letting on that you use the cards possibly attracting them... I think - to carry on the analogy here - a therapist hitting on patients is a no-no. But a therapist in a bar saying he is a therapist and that FACT attracting hotties is OK - as long as he doesn't then make them into his patients...

mah jong

When I posted the therapist comment, I was trying to separate out situations. Saying, 'hi yer cute, let's read some cards and get to know each other' sounds harmless enough.

When one pretends that they are doing serious readings, when that isn't the case, then that is the therapist hitting on the patients situation.