Picking up girls

gregory

That was the same point I was making - no worries. I was aiming mine more at ravenest !

ravenest

When I posted the therapist comment, I was trying to separate out situations. Saying, 'hi yer cute, let's read some cards and get to know each other' sounds harmless enough.

When one pretends that they are doing serious readings, when that isn't the case, then that is the therapist hitting on the patients situation.

Thanks for the clarity mah jong :) , yes, this is what I originally meant.

Casuall / social situation; I read tarot cards ... does that turn you on ? - :thumbsup:

During a reading ; I like this person I am going to hit on them - :thumbsdown:

One of the main primciples of magick (and hopefully Tarot readers) should be the Seperation of Planes ... however most miserably fail in this regard ... and end up in all sorts of trouble because of it.

I know, I know ... people disagree with .... carry on then ............... and have your troubles.

ravenest

That was the same point I was making - no worries. I was aiming mine more at ravenest !

Missed! :laugh:

How about this one? The client is obviously hitting on me. She is rich ... has just paid top $ for the reading , she has a little Mercedes convertible just over there and wants to know what I am doing after the markets?

Advice please?

gregory

How about this one? The client is obviously hitting on me. She is rich ... has just paid top $ for the reading , she has a little Mercedes convertible just over there and wants to know what I am doing after the markets?

Advice please?
You tell her you are going home to your wife and children.

Even if you have none of either.

At least, I hope you do. :mad:

Just as you would if you, as a trained and licensed psychotherapist, had just given her a psychotherapy session and the same thing happened.

ravenest

Of course! ;)

The problem with psychotherapists is; if you add two spaces it becomes the averse of the moral we are discussing.

Legion

I agree on that you shouldn't date querents, the way you don't date patients, and a teacher doesn't date students.

Howere, in more social ocations, what are good ways of connecting with a person? What are simple spreads, what are good social and not too heavy questions? How do you start a good, lighthearted conversation with it?

Alta

You can use pretty well anything as a tool for flirting. If making contact with a girl is your goal, of course then it isn't tarot reading per se, just a prop to let you flirt and make flattering or teasing comments where otherwise you might be to shy to do so. :)

KMilliron

I agree on that you shouldn't date querents, the way you don't date patients, and a teacher doesn't date students.

Howere, in more social ocations, what are good ways of connecting with a person? What are simple spreads, what are good social and not too heavy questions? How do you start a good, lighthearted conversation with it?

I always let other people with NO IDEA how to tarot read for me XD My friends in highschool loved making up crazy stories and the such.

nisaba

Advice please?

Smile deprecatingly, and tell her you're gagging to get home to the love of your life.

Never, ever get involved with a client. Bad, bad idea.

ravenest

Gagging ??? :laugh:

So, with your 'never ever' I suppose you never read for people you are 'involved' with?

Or is it okay to do their cards after you've ......... done them

But not ... do them after you have done their cards.