How do you store your cards?

mingbop

I keep mine on the shelf beside me, I use them all the time and a box would get on my nerves :)

AJ

on their side in a dresser draw for decks
on a bookshelf for the kits

g4nymede

i have a cigar box i keep mine in, its pretty big and could fit several probably, but im also keeping a bunch of candles and crystals in there with two decks.

Ambrosia

I'm pretty simple...

I've got most decks that I'm not actively using in the drawer of an antique writing desk - I'm not really a collector so my 20 or so decks fit fine there.

I usually find or make a box/wrap/bag when I get a new deck and only the decks I'm actively using are out...

Pocket Deck in a black clip on little pouch always attached to my bag so it goes everywhere.
Main reading deck lives in a plain black drawstring pouch inside a little velvet lined box on my coffee table...

Victorian Romantic is my "Goodnight" deck at present - it lives in a silk, Chinese embroidered turquoise and red wallet style pouch next to my bed - I use it to draw a card and meditate before sleep every night.

violetdaisy

I don't have a large collection so five of my decks are in wooden painted boxes I got from worldofboxes, three I painted myself years ago when I had the time. They sell one that's the right size for standard decks for about $12USD. They actually sell two that are already decorated for tarot and a few for standard playing cards. My other ones are in satin slips I made or silk bags I made or my mom made.

LindaMechele

I have two matching brown paperboard boxes with flowers on them that sit on my desk. The small one is perfect for holding 3x5 index cards (with sections on individual card studies, information on decks I have, decks I want, spreads, etc.) and the large one is for the decks I want to work with at the moment, in individual bags. The overflow, including boxes of the ones I'm currently playing with, I put in a bigger paperboard suitcase with peacocks on it.

I'll be moving into a tiny house sometime this year, so have to keep it to those boxes and no more. Having attractive boxes makes that easier - I keep telling myself if I get too many decks, I'll have to go find another box that goes with the ones I have. Since I hate shopping, that's a great deterrent for me!

Attachments

• storing boxes 1.jpg
    storing boxes 1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 441
  • storing boxes 2.jpg
    storing boxes 2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 416
  • storing boxes 3.jpg
    storing boxes 3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 405
  • storing boxes 4.jpg
    storing boxes 4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 404

lark

I have two matching brown paperboard boxes with flowers on them that sit on my desk. The small one is perfect for holding 3x5 index cards (with sections on individual card studies, information on decks I have, decks I want, spreads, etc.) and the large one is for the decks I want to work with at the moment, in individual bags. The overflow, including boxes of the ones I'm currently playing with, I put in a bigger paperboard suitcase with peacocks on it.

I'll be moving into a tiny house sometime this year, so have to keep it to those boxes and no more. Having attractive boxes makes that easier - I keep telling myself if I get too many decks, I'll have to go find another box that goes with the ones I have. Since I hate shopping, that's a great deterrent for me!
They have boxes just like that at JoAnn Fabrics right now and they were 40% off.

LindaMechele

You enabler, Lark. ;) Now I don't have an excuse to not buy more decks. I just subscribed and found the trading forum, so this could be dangerous... *sigh* :cool3:

lark

You enabler, Lark. ;) Now I don't have an excuse to not buy more decks. I just subscribed and found the trading forum, so this could be dangerous... *sigh* :cool3:
You are in dangerous territory.
You'll need a loft in your tiny house just to store decks.

LindaMechele

A loft tarotorium! :lightbulb Yeah, who needs a separate bedroom anyway? I can sleep on the couch.