What individual cards do you have trouble connecting with?

From-Ashes

I can not connect with Temperance, certain court cards, just random pips. What about you? Why do you think it is? And what do you do about it?

I journal and meditate, I do tons of reading, and I'm starting to feel like there are just going to be some cards that are like that, for whatever reason. I'm sure some of them are things I need to work on personally (Temperance, heh) but I'm not thinking on a real personal level, just like, generally wondering.

LeFou

Temperance is alchemy, which is a whole subject by itself (so no wonder it can be a tricky card). Are you familiar with how fermentation works? Or combustion, or other everyday chemical reactions? That's one way to get there.

Alternatively, just read up on alchemy directly. Shortest version:In the earliest days of science, people believed that they had to purify themselves spiritually in order to be worthy of observing nature's spectacular transformative power. So they might abstain from certain activities, and study for months or years, and then wander into the forest during a certain phase of the Moon, and attempt a chemical reaction that (by today's standards) they didn't fully understand.

And so while we "modern" people feel superior in our knowledge, what we lost was their profound search for the truth, and the understanding that nature and spirituality are not separate.

deb99

LeFou I really liked your explanation as I also struggle with Temperance. But how would one translate all that into a reading? I am still confused I guess. I feel like it has to do with suggesting you are in a time of healing and transformation that is leading you to a more peaceful place or to stop looking for peace outside and find it within?

My other tough card is the Moon. The Moon has so many negative meanings such as deception, confusion, insecurity but then others say it is a transcendence, wisdom and insight, and then others say it is just stirring up your emotions and dreams.

INIVEA

Temperance is alchemy, which is a whole subject by itself (so no wonder it can be a tricky card). Are you familiar with how fermentation works? Or combustion, or other everyday chemical reactions? That's one way to get there.

@From Ashes; here is a mental image for you.

what is the best way to add bleach to water?
a) put bleach in bucket first then add water
C) put water in bucker first then add bleach

What would happen in either case?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a fun thing you can do to understand temperance.

Make bread doe

you can get recipe off the net. where it is important is preparing the yeast, then adding it to the flour, then watching what it does after that.

you can make, buns, cinnamon buns with raisons and other things, so your bread wont got to waste.

SwordOfTruth

I can not connect with Temperance, certain court cards, just random pips. What about you? Why do you think it is? And what do you do about it?

I journal and meditate, I do tons of reading, and I'm starting to feel like there are just going to be some cards that are like that, for whatever reason. I'm sure some of them are things I need to work on personally (Temperance, heh) but I'm not thinking on a real personal level, just like, generally wondering.

I find I have trouble with most cards that are repeated offenders for me. So if it's stalking me I'll be all.....wth is that about? Guess I don't like facing my own issues....lol!

deb99

I don't get the bleach analogy...just that it doesn't matter which you add first? They mix together all the same. So in a reading how would that translate? Say if asking about a love reading like most do on here and you get temperance for their feelings?

But I do get fermentation and the fact you let something sit and basically rot LOL only to transform into something different than it was?

INIVEA

I don't get the bleach analogy...just that it doesn't matter which you add first? They mix together all the same. So in a reading how would that translate? Say if asking about a love reading like most do on here and you get temperance for their feelings?

But I do get fermentation and the fact you let something sit and basically rot LOL only to transform into something different than it was?

Actually if you Add Bleach into the bucket first before water, you get a very toxic potion/fumes and you breathe that in, not good, it will burn your lungs.

Always add Bleach to the water, after you put water in bucker first.

In a love reading, if you add something to it before you should have, it can become toxic ( not mixed correctly)

deb99

Actually if you Add Bleach into the bucket first before water, you get a very toxic potion and you breathe that in, not good, it will burn your lungs.

Always add Bleach to the water, after you put water in bucker first.

In a love reading, if you add something to it before you should have, it can become toxic ( not mixed correctly)

Oh I did not know that about bleach! Glad I never did that, I don't think...

I do totally understand your Temperance meaning too, thanks that makes sense. And yes I did think of it as tempering of your emotions and letting things play out as they should.

INIVEA

Oh I did not know that about bleach! Glad I never did that, I don't think...

I do totally understand your Temperance meaning too, thanks that makes sense. And yes I did think of it as tempering of your emotions and letting things play out as they should.

Also in a love reading, you don't want to over do anything either, like mull, smother, constantly texting or phoning the other person, being overbearing.

so that is where you need to be in the neutral zone, like your car you have drive or gears, then you have reverse. then you have neutral. the car just hangs about in neutral, goes with the flow, unless your on a hill, then things could go really fast. lol

Think about you and your friends going out for drinks, who do you think is going to get drunk first, and who is going to stay sober, etc.

so think, balance, moderation, equal parts, The 3 little bears and Goldie locks (porridge ) not too hot not too cold, just right. etc.

HallowedNight

I have some trouble with court cards. Thoufh I generally understand them within spreads, especially if they stand for people, getting the individual aspects is just really hard for me. There are some that I understand well, like the Queen and King of Pentacles (just becaus they show up so often for me), but most of the cups and wands are hard for me. I need to do some studying on them I guess!