Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 218 : October 3 - October 9

JylliM

I agree about the daily draws, sounds reasonable to me!

VGimlet, I hope the 2.30 am wake ups don't continue for toooo long!

sweetcherise13

I decided to start off slow with the Shaman Wisdom deck by doing a single daily draw for today and I also posted the message it offered in the Oracle daily draw thread. I haven't worked with this deck in many years but after bringing home a beautiful phantom quartz crystal it was the deck that I was drawn to work with this week. It feels so nice just feeling this deck this morning and I'm excited to spend time with it once again!

Scarlet Woodland

You ship jumper, you! :joke: haha. Change made.

You notice I skipped the Gill entirely, which was supposed to be next on my list but I will go back. Rules are made to be broken! Mwahahahah

Naughty monkeys have more fun ;)

Madrigal

I'm going to continue with Book of Shadows ~ As Above for Tarot this week and I'll be working with a couple of Oracles, Wisdom of the Hidden Realms and Les Vampires.

Thanks for the fb on the DotW Daily Draws thread. It seems like folks are fine with a monthly at this point. l'll leave it as is for this week and next week I'll move it to a monthly format. If at any point there is a wish to return to weekly we can easily revert to that.

delinfrey

I am going to work with Tarot Illuminati this week.
I've had this deck for a couple of months, but never really got into it. Did 11 readings today with it and I am really connecting!

Scarlet Woodland

Getting on well with the Rohrig so far and readings are flowing nicely.

Not very up on the Thothy side of things as yet, so cribbing the odd card with the Tarot of Vampyres 'Phantasmagoria' book until the Rohrig companion one arrives. Not needing to do this often, which is reassuring, there's just the odd card like the four of cups where I'm so familiar with the RWS angle that I have to make a little mental adjustment. Thankfully the imagery is speaking to me so I get a good heads up when there's a card that deviates from my usual perspective.

Also pleased to find there are enough fragments of assorted foreign languages floating around in my brain that it being in Spanish has posed no problem. Actually it's been rather helpful as the keywords aren't as distracting as they would be in English... and I can willfully mis-translate the queen's consort as 'Lord' rather than confusing myself with a 'Knight' that isn't my Knight :p Blasphemy I expect, but if it keeps my brain from melting I'm all for it :D

ETA: Oh and I loooove the cardbacks. Do have that flaw common with this deck where the colouration varies and is brighter on some cards but, meh, it's not affecting my draws so I don't mind. A very small price to pay for the huge bargain I got on a deck I didn't think I'd be able to find.

GoldenWolf

Didn't we used to do one thread for daily draws until it maxed out on posts? I haven't used that thread in a long time since I decided to keep my readings in private journals, but that's one way to avoid multiple threads with a few posts each.