Inking your decks: started with the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative

greatdane

Wondering how many have edged theirs in the Antique Linen by Tim Holtz? Just seems to go so well with the off white borders.

liveandbloom

I just watched the demo video for using distress inks on Tim's site, and I can see what you're talking about. What a cool idea.

Obviously, I haven't done this on my deck, and I do have the commemorative edition.

I'm curious to see what it would look like. Did you do it on yours? Can you share a photo of one or two cards?

Teheuti

I've done it with several of my reproduction Lenormand decks. It's okay if the white annoys you but I tend to forget I ever did it. It is more significant when doing black edges on black borders.

greatdane

I like how it feels and I think it shuffles more nicely. The white of the Pamela Colman Smith borders isn't exactly a chalk white and I think that's another reason I really wanted to ink it. So the edges would better match the borders.

FaintlyMacabre

I appreciate the link because I tried to watch some videos and I had no idea what those people were doing. However....the subtitling is hilarious. From I don't use this dick that much to anti-clinton and more. I was trying to catch the name of the Marseille deck. Lotto I think.

I don't know yet - 78 sounds like a lot for me but I'm thinkin maybe the Dreaming Way.

Diana

RiverRunsDeep

I've done it with several of my reproduction Lenormand decks. It's okay if the white annoys you but I tend to forget I ever did it. It is more significant when doing black edges on black borders.

Black edges on black bordered decks are my favorite. So sleek and elegant.

I did edge my PCS with Tim Holtz Antique Linen. Not very noticeable, but that's okay because the original white edges were VERY (annoyingly) noticeable.

FaintlyMacabre

Black edges on black bordered decks are my favorite. So sleek and elegant.

I did edge my PCS with Tin Holtz Antique Linen. Not very noticeable, but that's okay because the original white edges were VERY (annoyingly) noticeable.

Did you use the marker on the black? The Tim Holtz stuff is driving me nuts because I have to order everything and he just showed 3 blues and named one and stamped a butterfly...he is lucky I couldn't wring his neck. They all look a little blue/green but this computer seems off too.

I found a gold marker in the drawer but can't think of anything I want to gild.

There is no silver? I have a really pretty silver not/tarot - forget what it is.

I could probably edge the PCS in the tin. I haven't finished looking at it yet. Most of the edges don't bother me though. Well none of them do and I am not superstitious but I think I will just let the MerryDay alone since I don't want to jinx it.

Diana

greatdane

FaintlyMacabre THE EASIEST ink is the

Antique Linen. OK, I think they're all easy to use, but with the Antique Linen, it just went perfectly with the PCS deck and it's my go to if I just want a deck to look older and I think it shuffles better.

I used a couple of coats, letting them dry in between, and it came out just the way I wanted it to. Sometimes I just want to get rid of the glaring WHITE sides of a deck, like with the PCS.

RiverRunsDeep

Did you use the marker on the black?

Yep, I always use my Avery Marks-A-Lot markers to do the black edges. Very easy to use and difficult to make a mistake with.