Significance of the Major Arcana Cards...

DoctorLecter84

Hello, all...
I wonder if you do a three card reading consisting of two Minors and a Major Arcana, is that Major Arcana card the message the Spirits are trying to tell you in the reading with the Minors merely reinforcing the message?

violetdaisy

I would try to combine the cards and read them as a whole message, some place more importance on major arcana, some do not.

AnemoneRosie

Is this a particular spread that you drew (as opposed to a hypothetical)? We could try reading it together.

My personal take on it is this: if you have specific meanings for each card position then maybe it'll end up being read differently than if you didn't have card positions. The position that the Major falls in can end up having particular significance if you've named them.

DoctorLecter84

Is this a particular spread that you drew (as opposed to a hypothetical)? We could try reading it together.

My personal take on it is this: if you have specific meanings for each card position then maybe it'll end up being read differently than if you didn't have card positions. The position that the Major falls in can end up having particular significance if you've named them.

Thank you for taking time to reply to my post...
Nothing particiular...I'm just trying to understand how the cards work.

DoctorLecter84

I would try to combine the cards and read them as a whole message, some place more importance on major arcana, some do not.

Thank you for taking time to read my post...with three card spreads I usually try to read them as a whole.

AnemoneRosie

The best way to figure out how the cards work is to try it! Play with them!
And not keep it hypothetical. With 78 cards (or more...), each of which can have a multitude of meanings, the Tarot does not deal well with absolute rules. The whole art of reading is being able to take variation into account. It's why you can get two different readings by two different readers (or even the same reader!) from the same cards.

So name the cards. Try to figure out how the hermit could be affected by two cups... or two wands. How might the Chariot? Or what about the Sun and two swords?

See how they change so quickly?
If you have a deck try laying them out to see what happens. That's the best way to get a feel for what's going on.

DoctorLecter84

The best way to figure out how the cards work is to try it! Play with them!
And not keep it hypothetical. With 78 cards (or more...), each of which can have a multitude of meanings, the Tarot does not deal well with absolute rules. The whole art of reading is being able to take variation into account. It's why you can get two different readings by two different readers (or even the same reader!) from the same cards.

So name the cards. Try to figure out how the hermit could be affected by two cups... or two wands. How might the Chariot? Or what about the Sun and two swords?

See how they change so quickly?
If you have a deck try laying them out to see what happens. That's the best way to get a feel for what's going on.

Thank you again...in my case -- I've been seeing the Magician and Page of Swords all over the place lately -- some readings they be reversed, some they don't -- and all I can think of is communication or a lack thereof.

AnemoneRosie

Who do you feel represents you? Are you the magician, manifesting your own destiny? Or are you the page of swords, who is seeking education on his way to becoming the magician?

DoctorLecter84

Who do you feel represents you? Are you the magician, manifesting your own destiny? Or are you the page of swords, who is seeking education on his way to becoming the magician?

I guess, I could be both...
As I am trying to find the tools to manifest my own destiny.

Grizabella

If I'm doing a 3-card spread without named positions, I move the Major to the middle position and that usually helps to clarify the reading. The Major is often the main issue and the other two aspects of it.