disheartening readings...

Daylin

I asked recently if anything would come of my recent creative endeavor. I got:

Four of Swords, The Devil, The Tower

Then I asked if there was anything I could do to improve it. I got:

Death.

It's pretty clear what the cards' stance is on this...abandon the project, etc. I was just wondering if it would be prudent to follow its advice if you've put so much effort into something, without trying it first. I guess I wanted to ask you all what you do when you get readings like this?

gregory

I don't think that is necessarily the message at all. But I'd want to see the reading - the question and the cards.

BUT - if you are going to ask a question - you MUST be prepared to accept the answer. If you are going to be upset not to get the answer you want - DON'T ASK. You have a lot invested in this. Why question it ?

cfish

I think you have to 'finish'(Death)the project to improve the situation.

But before making conclusion, why don't you ask reading to another reader?
I found when I am obsessed with my project, reading for myself only reflects my hope and fear rather than an actual result. It's just muddy.. Asking another reader was so much moe correct.

ldiddy

I would say 4 of Swords means you need to take time to pause and reflect on project before going forward. The Devil could indicate you are slaving a bit to hard, but Tower shows a strong foundation, but the project could be in for a fall or serious shakeup.

Daylin

I don't think that is necessarily the message at all. But I'd want to see the reading - the question and the cards.

BUT - if you are going to ask a question - you MUST be prepared to accept the answer. If you are going to be upset not to get the answer you want - DON'T ASK. You have a lot invested in this. Why question it ?

The reading is pretty much how I wrote it as ;;

And you're right, it's not so smart to ask something you're invested in, I guess. You will either A) get a good answer and get complacent, or B) get a bad answer and get real sad. Lol. Can't say why I did it exactly.

I think you have to 'finish'(Death)the project to improve the situation.

But before making conclusion, why don't you ask reading to another reader?
I found when I am obsessed with my project, reading for myself only reflects my hope and fear rather than an actual result. It's just muddy.. Asking another reader was so much moe correct.

You think so?

And you might be right, actually before I drew the cards for the second question, I thought to myself, "I bet it's going to tell me to stop." And sure enough, Death showed up!

Daylin

I would say 4 of Swords means you need to take time to pause and reflect on project before going forward. The Devil could indicate you are slaving a bit to hard, but Tower shows a strong foundation, but the project could be in for a fall or serious shakeup.

Sounds like a good interpretation...it's just when I see the Devil and the Tower together, it scares me a bit, D:

gregory

OK - but I can't comment as a reading unless it is IN your readings....

gregory

Sounds like a good interpretation...it's just when I see the Devil and the Tower together, it scares me a bit, D:
Lust followed by orgasm. Sounds fair enough to me... })

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi Daylin,

Since you are discussing a specific reading here, the thread has been moved over to Your Readings from Talking Tarot.

Before anyone else replies could you please add your thoughts on each card in the reading?

I've sent you an explanatory PM.

Please, no more replies until Daylin has finished her interpretation.

Sulis - moderator

Cathyg09139

I asked recently if anything would come of my recent creative endeavor. I got:

Four of Swords, The Devil, The Tower

Then I asked if there was anything I could do to improve it. I got:

Death.

It's pretty clear what the cards' stance is on this...abandon the project, etc. I was just wondering if it would be prudent to follow its advice if you've put so much effort into something, without trying it first. I guess I wanted to ask you all what you do when you get readings like this?

OMG. I hate readings like this not because of the apparent gloom and doom of such combinations, but because they are ambiguous. Such an important question requires more investigation, in other words more cards 5, 7, 9. Three cards are not enough; but you can clarify why, why the tower? why the devil? I am not a fan of 1 card clarifiers at least 3. These cards leave more questions than answers as is, the good thing is that you can always go back and find the reason, tarot card readings don't disappear into the nothing; you can address your concerns and ask why until you are well satisfied. it is worth the try.