For the Better

Shadowling

Just curious on peoples thoughts but how do you think reading or studying tarot has helped you grow as a individual?

The Happy Squirrel

To be honest, it hasn't so far. It's just fun and interesting for me :)

SunChariot

That is really a fascinating question, I love it

There are so many ways for me, but let'see....

Over the years, learning Tarot taught me to believe in God and the angels. I did not at the time I started.

It taught me that life is much and broader than I originally believed. And to see more mystery and beauty to life.

It taught me that we are safe and do not have to know it all, all the time. That there is something more to life that will answer our questions, any time we ask the cards. Very comforting!

It taught me more about my connection to life and to nature.

It gave me a way to meet people all over the world and help them deal with what was on their mind. And that connection helped me grow.

It opened my mind to other viewpoints and ways of thinking I could not have imagined. Taught me to not be judgmental and that different viewpoints can all be right in different ways.

It showed me that the future is flexible and we are not locked in and can change it as we learn and grow, VERY comforting.

That our potential to create more in our lives is huger than I ever thought.

Babs

emilygrace

For me, the tarot has inspired me to help others. I put so much energy into my readings that I quickly get exhausted! But I love it nonetheless. It has also greatly expanded my sense of spirituality. I am a devout Catholic, and I definitely do feel as though the tarot brings me closer to God.

RiverRunsDeep

Honestly, I feel that my personal growth has come from other sources:
tarot is merely a tool. Rather than believing that tarot has made me become
a certain kind of person, I believe that because I am a certain kind of person,
I am drawn to studying tarot.

Amanda

I'm not nearly as much of an a**hole as I used to be. Besides tarot, thank goodness for others' patience with me as well...

DesertDream

Honestly, I feel that my personal growth has come from other sources:
tarot is merely a tool. Rather than believing that tarot has made me become
a certain kind of person, I believe that because I am a certain kind of person,
I am drawn to studying tarot.

This^ also originally tarot as far back as sola busca had a transformative alchemical element to it. So it can change people, studying wise i suppose. I love the archatypes side to it. But its really only changed me most radically as an intuitive reader.

Citrin

So much! It's what I appreciate the most about tarot, what it has done with my personal development.

I've been through different kinds of therapy because I've suffered from depression, anxiety and self harm. Therapy helped me a lot, pills did not, and I feel like my study and use of the tarot has almost "continued" this therapy. It helps me stay grounded and remember what I have learnt about myself during the years. Today I am free from anxiety, depression and self harm, but I have a very sensitive personality and must always remember to watch out for myself to avoid that darkness. And using tarot is definitely an amazing reminder for me.

I also feel like the STUDY itself has helped me. Reading and thinking about archetypes and what humans go through in life etc, had made me analyze my own actions and personality traits. A lot of blogs, videos and books about tarot also contain great thoughts and questions to journal about, that kind of stray from tarot itself, but is more focused on one's own journey, and that has also helped me a lot.

danieljuk

Amanda lol! I refuse to believe that was ever the case and (((Citrin))) that is my experiences with issues and mental health as well.

Before I joined AT or really used it properly, I got a reading from a website where readers gave free readings to help their learning. The person I picked for my reading was so excellent and I said I was just getting into tarot and she said that tarot really healed her life from a very bad place. She wrote the most beautiful email explaining all that, I hope she is a pro reader somewhere now cos she was good!

Aside from predictive reading, tarot causes you to look within yourself and analyse and it's such a self help tool! It definitely has done more for me than pills and therapy so well! It has caused me to realise things and work on them myself! I think tarot has really caused me to find myself in some way and that is so cliché but it's a huge part of my life and also such a great self-help tool! It's both a mirror and advice which can help you.

There is tarot counselling out there where you can use cards for therapy and healing.

Seahorse

I think tarot is amazing for self help. It's helped me know and value myself better, all the good things that we can sometimes be reluctant to acknowledge.