Changing energies reflected in the cards

LindyHopLass

Hi :)

Just wondered if many of you do repeated readings on a situation to see if changing energies are reflected in the cards?

I know lots of repeated readings generally aren't good as they get confusing and you're just asking the same questions (perhaps just dressed up differently) over and over again, but is it a good way to see the changes in a situation?

For example, on Sunday I was involved in a social situation that didn't work out too great. I did a couple of readings the next day on the energies of the situation and the people involved and felt the cards reflected what happened fairly accurately. The following day I repeated the readings (and threw in a few extra) and I felt the cards were really positive. Each reading they just seemed to look so good as if there had been a real turnaround in the energies. Then the following day after that, they were dripping with negativity (10 Swords three times).

Do you think this tends to reflect that changing nature of the energies of a situation (as I know my feelings about certain things can change quite quickly) or is it a case of too many readings clouding things?

Seahorse

I think it can but it depends on the question you ask I've found. I can pretty much ask the same question each day and get a reading which is relevant and applicable, but if you ask several times the same day then the cards can become really random almost as if they're saying "enough already!".

If asking about the same issue I tend to phrase my questions as "am I on the right path?" " has anything changed and if so what?"

I do think that asking the same thing too often and getting lots of different readings just ends up confusing however. Sometimes less is more :)

tarot_quest

I find your question really interesting

I agree with what Seahorse said.

I also think that there is no definitive rule concerning the number of reading or the interval that should be respected between them, because every situation is different.

Maybe you got different answers

1) because you asked it too often (so the cards stop responding)
2) because the situation evolved really fast and changed rapidly
3) because you saw different aspects of the situation each time

PAMUYA

It reflects your energy. If you cannot disconnect from your emotions, the closer you are to the event the stronger the energy. As your emotions subside, the energy does the same.

Michael Sternbach

Personally, I don't do another reading on exactly the same query too soon under most circumstances. However, I know one pretty good reader who is doing readings of that kind in series, mostly to find out which cards are recurring. To those she gives particular significance.