Clarifying Tarot readings...

Krakken

Hej guys ...

am a bit curious about the way you "clarify" a card in your readings. i discovered the "clarifyng" 2years ago, and since... i did it 1 or 2 times ´cause it makes me feel like an amateurish.

It calls my attention the way some "tarot readers" in the forum "your readings", make a funny "clarifying chain" that is a bit absurd to me.

lovers clarifying sun clarifyng moon clarifyng tower clarifyng 1 of rods clarifying 2 of cups clarifying 7 of pentacles... and so on.... till infinite and beyond.

+ clarified by a tarot reader in a forum + + + + LOL.

Im not a tarot god but, in my opinion it comes when you havent studied your favorite deck in a proper way, why do you need so much clarifying over and over?

would you please clarify this for me?... :)

Wanting to hear your opinion.

gregory

I don't. Ever. The cards I draw for the reading are quite enough.

delinfrey

Hmm. My perception of "clarification" is a little bit different. I use these methods:

- premediated clarification.
This is something I actually only use in Lenormand Yes/No readings. I draw a card for Yes/no, and then a pair for the "clarification of the message". It is a part of the spread.

- clarifications of certain situations.
I have this really big "life spread" which I do for some sitters, and it takes ages to get through in detail. We sometimes take a part (e.g "Career") from that spread, use the central card as a significator and do a more specific layout for that during a later reading (or, sometimes, during the same one with another deck). That's also something I use the word "clarification" for.

What you describe doesn't sound like a clarification, but of confirmation of the reader's/sitter's agenda - you expect to see something, you don't see it, so you keep pulling cards until you do.

To be honest, I have encountered some sitters who insist that I have to "draw more cards", because they are certain the "right message will present itself". I usually hand them a deck and tell them to find the card they are looking for :) It won't answer the question, but it will sure as hell show you how THEY see the situation; sometimes it will indeed, ahem, CLARIFY the situation :)

Thoughtful

l have never used clarifying cards in my own readings, clarifying is like not trusting what you have in a spread. l think it just muddies everything. Like you say Krakken perhaps more study is needed so that the cards speak with a voice loud and clear first time.

angelika

I too don't ever read 'clarifiers' either in someone else's reading nor in my own. The cards are usually clear first time in their own way and if not then I rephrase my question, which is usually the root of any lack of clarity.

Krakken

I don't. Ever. The cards I draw for the reading are quite enough.

i feel its like... insulting the wisdom of every card. if that makes sense.

thanks for feedback! :)

violetdaisy

I don't use clarification per say but if I'm only initially intending to pull one card and I don't think it's giving me the whole picture I may pull one and only one more but I've only done that three times in the past couple of years. Multiple card spreads give me plenty of information.

Krakken

I usually hand them a deck and tell them to find the card they are looking for :) It won't answer the question, but it will sure as hell show you how THEY see the situation; sometimes it will indeed, ahem, CLARIFY the situation :)

This is an excellent advice. :)

Krakken

perhaps more study is needed so that the cards speak with a voice loud and clear first time.

Problem with this is ... many people tend to be a bit deffensive when you give an advice like:

"Please stay with your tarot deck till the meaning of every card start envolving into something superior... other way the 9 of cups gonna be just a "wish card"

by Krakken.

Thanks for your feedback.

Krakken

The cards are usually clear first time in their own way and if not then I rephrase my question, which is usually the root of any lack of clarity.

excellent advice. It works well rephrasing once again. :)