Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 305 : June 3 - June 9

lantana

It's been a month and a half since I last bought a deck. Go me! Feeling a splurge coming on soon. I'm really liking the new Oracle of the Unicorns so that definitely will be in my next purchase.

Go you! :D It's been three whole months since a deck graced my own front porch. All of my budget is going toward pre-orders, and I still have two more to go... I probably won't be able to get a new deck until August. Sasuraibito, please wait for me

That being said, the DOTW threads have been helpful in satisfying that new deck itch!

Scarlet Woodland

Well I have treated myself to a couple cheap playing card decks and a cheapy Lenormand so not as virtuous as you guys :D but no desire for any more tarot decks. Sated on the playing card front now too. There is a lenormand I might treat myself to next time I have some bonus money but otherwise I feel comfortably done.

Trying to learn both Thoth and Lenormand should keep me busy enough for the rest of the year.

Trogon

Thank you so much VG! I am really enjoying the Egyptian Tarot. It is giving me a good stretch of the mind, so I'm going to do a second week with it.

Trogon - Egyptian Tarot (Alasia)

AJ

Trying to learn both Thoth and Lenormand should keep me busy enough for the rest of the year.

makes my head hurt to even think about it! In the end I sold all but 1 of my lenormads and concentrated on the thoth decks.

Lunaea

Luxa, the Victorian Fairy Tarot is my favorite deck. It was also my first deck, and the one that called to me after I spent two hours going through decks and trying to choose. It is a beautiful deck; the man who illustrated it, whose name is escaping me right now, is also a children's book illustrator, and he has the right feel for Victorian detail - all those tiny details on clothing and in rooms and surroundings that said so much about social status, economics, level of education, etc. The artwork is just gorgeous. And I have found that the deck, while beautiful and comforting and warm, also does not hesitate to give you a wake-up call when you need one, to play with your perception of things a little bit (as fairies who take the left-hand way often will!), or to be sharply humorous. In other words, it has an edge that can take you by surprise, much like fairies do. :)

The artist is Gary A. Lippincott. Thank you for your lovely kind words about our deck!

DaughterOfDanu

Go you! :D It's been three whole months since a deck graced my own front porch. All of my budget is going toward pre-orders, and I still have two more to go... I probably won't be able to get a new deck until August. Sasuraibito, please wait for me

That being said, the DOTW threads have been helpful in satisfying that new deck itch!

They have! I'm trying to make a point of picking a deck I haven't used in a while for my DOTW choices, it helps!

I'm not finding any decks I really like sadly! The Oracle of the Unicorns is definitely something I'll use.

Does anyone know of any tropical decks? Like very tropical with lots of jungle-type plants, colorful flowers, maybe even a pineapple or a flamingo?

Something preferably from Amazon :p So I can get it to me quick and at a reasonable price.

I really like the look of the Mystic Mondays Tarot (There's a thread in the Tarot Decks subforum). Sadly it's a kickstarter and after the fiasco with Ian Daniels' Faerie Enchantments Oracle I'm just not willing to risk it again. Plus it's a bit pricey. I think my desire stems from that Lovers card, with the flamingos and tropical vibe.

ETA: Any decks anyone recommend I take a look at? :)

Carojulie

Does anyone know of any tropical decks? Like very tropical with lots of jungle-type plants, colorful flowers, maybe even a pineapple or a flamingo?

Something preferably from Amazon :p So I can get it to me quick and at a reasonable price.

Hi Daughter of Danu,

Maybe you could have a look at Jerri Totten's tarots, she has one already that is very sunny : The Distant Past tarot. Not tropical, but luxuriant and "hot weather" like. This deck is beautiful, and it gets a lot of love here on the forum. She also is working on a second tarot deck, and it seems that it will have a sun, warm, maybe tropical vibe to it too.

There are also two lenormands that you might like :

- The Jerri Totten (her again ! she is great :) ) "Zen Lenormand" is full of jungle plants. It has an asian jungle vibe, to me.
- The Kitch Lenormand from the White Rabbit Oracle boutique on Etsy has pink flamingos in it. I do not have this one deck, but I have two other Lenormands from her, they are stunning decks and I love the art, but I dont use them as Lenormands but as Oracles, because the images are not clear enough at first sight for a lenormand, for me. Might work for someone else, but I am peculiar when it comes to Lenormand and I dont use them if some cards might be taken for other at a glance. As oracles they are perfect. I dont know about the Kitch one, it might be different, but I do not have it so I cannot say.

If I think of something else I ll come back !

Good luck !

Green Faerie

The artist is Gary A. Lippincott. Thank you for your lovely kind words about our deck!

Oh, my goodness! You are so welcome. Thank you and Gary both for creating such a beautiful, spiritual deck. It has enriched my life immeasurably. :love:

Rose Lalonde

Oh, right; it's that time again! I'm in with Tabula Mundi Tarot & Naruto CCG Oracle

Thanks, VG

(My mind's on the ASHERAH TAROT which finally releases on June 24 on Gamecrafters. It's a 78 card deck, but here's a link to the majors...)
https://sarahwheatley.com/major-arcana-gallery/

EmpyreanKnight

The Smith-Waite Centennial Tarot and the Thoth Tarot, please. They have proven themselves so magnificently this week, that I have no choice but to study them again.