Cosmic Tarot: II High Priestess

paradoxx

The face and neck of the high priestess is translucent and pale blue, a simple yin/yang over her third eye. the Sun radiates behind her right eye and warms teh waters that we see through this truly Cosmic Entity. An open book in front, the common "A" for Alpha and and Omega, the scriptures look as if they can be stone or perhaps metal engravings.

The H. priestess hair flows over and behind the book as the moon in is waxing or waning phase acts as a cup to gather the water that symbolizes emotional awarness.

A stary background and the true feeling of being afloat with the universe give this card teh most welcoming and humble appearence however, when in use these cards reflect the nature of the reading through the facial appearences. This priestess is always silent, but her eyes and face tell all that you need to know to understand her position in a spread, so depending onwhat you are looking for this card may fortell a second meaning to surrounding cards.

divinerguy

The High Preistess in the Cosmic Tarot is quite possibly one of the best tarot cards ever drawn.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericschwartz/353947378/

She stands for intelligence, mystery and incredible personal power. Stay on her good side, because she can be a formidible enemy.

LittleWing

knowledge is power. she is a woman with both brains and beauty. her desires seem well hidden. she is very deep and complex - inside of the cool exterior. for me, she stands for intuition, quiet confidence and power.

Arania

It's one of my favourite HPs, and the HP is one of 2 cards I always identify with.

What I like most is her matter-of-fact expression. She is neither insecure about what she might and might not know, nor arrogant about her knowledge. She just knows and uses it to everyone's advantage.

Myrrha

The moon and the ocean and the mysterious blue color are all symbols of receptive, magnetic feminine energy. Her way of doing things is not active like the Magician's but consists more in *not* doing things.

Her inner resources are a vast ocean. I think the yin/yang symbol on her brow shows emotions that are in a state of balance. She knows and understands everything, both the good and the bad.

In a reading this card could be saying it is more important to understand a situation than to try to change it. It could be saying there are secrets being kept. It could counsel you to use your intuition.

--Myrrha

Nightgarden

She looks like a silent movie star to me!

Pao

Arania said:
It's one of my favourite HPs

I agree 100% with this. I cant read with this deck at all, i think its thoth based but this HP just takes me other palces. I want to use her to meditate though i havent started yet :D

Fostha

Pao said:
I agree 100% with this. I cant read with this deck at all, i think its thoth based but this HP just takes me other palces. I want to use her to meditate though i havent started yet :D
I read with this deck mostly,only for myself mind,and ive used this card more than once in meditation,id advise you wholeheartedly to try it,you'll be amazed at what you find.

crazy raven

The moon and the ocean and the mysterious blue color are all symbols of receptive, magnetic feminine energy. Her way of doing things is not active like the Magician's but consists more in *not* doing things.

Her inner resources are a vast ocean. I think the yin/yang symbol on her brow shows emotions that are in a state of balance. She knows and understands everything, both the good and the bad.

In a reading this card could be saying it is more important to understand a situation than to try to change it. It could be saying there are secrets being kept. It could counsel you to use your intuition.

--Myrrha

I love what you wrote Myrrha. :) The High Priestess is just like the sea, she has hidden depths, tides and moods which change....though her inner essence stays the same. She loves to bring beauty and harmony into her environment but rebels if confined.

For me, she shows up when I need to look deeper into the Self, to look beyond her veil and see/hear the inner truth of a situation. she tells us not to use force in a situation but use our natural ability to persuade instead.