The Arthropoda Tarot deck

lindaursin

Hi everyone. Kate told me to create a thread for my deck in this forum and gave me the link.

I’m making a Tarot deck with insects and arachnids as the characters and using my own drawings as the illustrations for the deck. Before I start the drawings, I check my interpretations for the cards and decide on an image that will fit the interpretation. I’ve chosen certain insects for each suit, so I stick to that when deciding on the image. Then I get going on the drawings. I first sketch them out in pencil and then draw them in colored pencil. After the drawing is done, I scan it and clean it up on the laptop so it will look good when printing. Then I add the symbols I've drawn and the text to the card.

Here's an example

hwgdogqamk3llw7svnhu.jpg

I've finished the lower minors and I'm working on the Pages now. The IndieGoGo campaign was a total bust, not a single dollar even though several people said they'd want the deck. So it will take a bit longer to get it printed at an acceptable quality.

Lee

Hi lindaursin,

Welcome to AT! Your deck looks great, looking forward to seeing more.

lindaursin

Thanks Lee. Is it ok if I post the group images for each number?
They look like this:

one7aszzcaenl8oj5h3c.jpg

lindaursin

Yes, certainly! Also, just a reminder for anyone posting images, check out Alta's pinned thread for info and suggestions regarding things to keep in mind when posting images.

Since they're my own images, and I've uncopyrighted my art, copyright won't be a problem

reall

OMG! this is fantastic!XD luv idea!^^ always wanted *insect deck!^^ but people are not that found of it!^^XD btw my idea was to use free source old encyclopedia illustrations and I only think of majors?x,x so I'm looking forward to see how you'll work minors?x,x :)) btw did you consider making your insect illustration larger and without actual suit symbols presented except for maybe small symbol with number in the corner or bottom?:))

lindaursin

OMG! this is fantastic!XD luv idea!^^ always wanted *insect deck!^^ but people are not that found of it!^^XD btw my idea was to use free source old encyclopedia illustrations and I only think of majors?x,x so I'm looking forward to see how you'll work minors?x,x :)) btw did you consider making your insect illustration larger and without actual suit symbols presented except for maybe small symbol with number in the corner or bottom?:))

Thanks :) I did consider that, and I might do that as a second edition.

lindaursin

I thought I'd add all the minors to one post, so here they are (minus Queens and Kings which I'll add when they're done).

Aces

aces-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Twos

twos-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Threes

threes-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Fours

fours-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Fives

fives-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Sixes

sixes-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Sevens

sevens-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Eights

eights-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Nines

nines-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Tens

tens-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Pages

pages-cards-only-510x217.jpg

Knights

knights-cards-only2-510x217.jpg

Queens

queens-cards-only-1-510x217.jpg

Kings

kings-cards-only-510x217.jpg

lindaursin

All the minors are now finished and added to the overview post above. I'm looking forward to getting started on the Major Arcana.

I was unable to delete the queen post with the image that's too large. I hope an admin can take care of that.