Dame Darcy Mermaid ver. 3

Le Fanu

What is so special about the 2nd edition? I have two and find myself a-wondering. I've seen youtube videos that say it's slightly less fuzzy, but is that true? Then I think of the extra cards...

Carojulie

What is so special about the 2nd edition? I have two and find myself a-wondering. I've seen youtube videos that say it's slightly less fuzzy, but is that true? Then I think of the extra cards...
I am not sure there is anything "special" about the second edition, exept that, of the 22 changed cards, one might prefer some from the third edition and some from the second edition.
The second edition does have uneven borders but that does not bother me on this deck (it goes with the cartoonish vibe I guess), and in any case, even if the borders are less uneven on the third edition, they are still not perfect, so that's not a big deal.
Personnaly amongst the 22 changed cards, for many I just like both versions, and for a few I like better one or the other edition.

silvereye

I think Hierophant looks better in 2nd version. Not sure how to interpret the third edition one i dunno what those 2 mermaids in the 3rd version stand for.

silvereye

i checked with Little Red Tarot and they do not sell the 2nd edition anymore.

Darytessekhmet

Does anyone know what years each version was produced and sold?

G6

Does anyone know what years each version was produced and sold?

Id like to know too because nobody seems to know the difference between a 1st and 2nd version.

Also, who likes the 3rd version better? I saw the cards that were replaced and I like them better. Anyone work with both of them to give an opinion from reading with them both?

🙏🏻

G6

Citrin

I've always thought that the 2nd edition had the same cards as the 1st, but the borders were white instead of sepia toned, and a bit more evened out.

Luxa

I have the 3rd version and I love it. I don't have any other version for comparison, but there are side by side comparisons on YouTube. The 3rd version has a sepia tea stain over the cards, which I think works well and adds to the theme of the deck.

I liked most of the cards in both versions, but the updated knight of swords on a shark instead of a dolphin is genious!!

G6

Do you know the difference between the 1st and 2nd Editions? Which one came with extra cards?

silvereye

I also checked with Dame Darcy and understand that the Pre-Order version 3 is the same as the normal version 3.