Les Triomphes

Bertrand

Hello !

not hanging around here much but I thought some people might be interested by my next deck which is still in the making - preorders soon available though !

As my first published deck, the Triomphes de Paris http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/triomphes-de-paris/ it is handmade and engraved, but much bigger

I made a video to show the engraving process :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66v47ZOvN3U

There's an official page at http://www.tarotmaker.com/les-triomphes with a few pictures, or on my facebook page, now renamed as my website : tarot maker

I embed my knowledge of historical tarot, but also some serious magic work in this deck, and I hope you'll appreciate it !
atrempance.jpg
xiii.jpg
sol2.jpg
sol1.jpg
papemoule.jpg
pape.jpg

matgravure.jpg
mat.jpg
justice.jpg
foudre2.jpg
foudre.jpg
bagat.jpg

OnePotato

Nice work!
I like the video.
I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Good luck with the rest of the work.

Bertrand

Thank you !
I won't post every images on the interweb, or at least not full front shoots because I learned a lesson the hard way in the past doing so, but I shall update the page regularly and will try to keep this thread updated too.

Bluefeet

At long last! It's going to be well worth the wait! Are they going to be in art print format or printed on card stock?

Bertrand

At long last you said it ! I wish it'll be worth the wait or even mroe.

They'll be hand printed on paper which will be mounted as cards, using different papers and an old glue recipe, same as ancient cards only they'll be printed and assembled one by one instead of several at a time. So real old fashioned card stock if you want.
I don't mention the soap finishing because I would make nightmares, and my arms are sore just thinking about it, but unless I find another finishing method that would fit better with my approach, soap and stone it'll be.

I'm not decided yet about the backs.

The art print is an option I planned but the priority is the decks.

Bertrand

That makes me think about a really old magic trick book I read, where it was clear that cards used water based colors and ink (which is a documented fact, but the more the sources, the better), since one of the trick consisted in modifying the card, simply by erasing them licking one finger and passing it over the figures or suits symbols. It probably worked better on the suits colors since they were superficially stenciled while the inking for the court cards (this was about a standard french suited deck of playing cards) demanded a human pressure on a wet paper, hence a better adherence of the ink to the paper.

Bluefeet

At long last you said it ! I wish it'll be worth the wait or even mroe.

They'll be hand printed on paper which will be mounted as cards, using different papers and an old glue recipe, same as ancient cards only they'll be printed and assembled one by one instead of several at a time. So real old fashioned card stock if you want.
I don't mention the soap finishing because I would make nightmares, and my arms are sore just thinking about it, but unless I find another finishing method that would fit better with my approach, soap and stone it'll be.

I'm not decided yet about the backs.

The art print is an option I planned but the priority is the decks.

Sounds fantastic! The soap finish on Triomphes de Paris is simply divine - it has an almost identical finish to my real antique Marseilles, only that your cards are pristine. I have a feeling that these cards will age beautifully. :heart: As for the back designs, I have complete faith in your artistic judgement, even solid colored backs look graceful with your designs.

Bertrand

The soap finish on Triomphes de Paris is simply divine - it has an almost identical finish to my real antique Marseilles, only that your cards are pristine.
This is clearly the best compliment I could read about the finish, thank you very much ! This encourages me to take the same route with this new deck.

Michellehihi

I absolutely want this deck!!!!!!