Confused over not connecting with Thoth

smw

That stuff is not difficult when you take small bites at a time. Some people get overwhelmed by trying to do it all at once.

By the way, that was your post 666.

A double appearance of AC for foolmoon :bugeyed: maybe he has his eye on him.... :laugh:

foolMoon

That stuff is not difficult when you take small bites at a time. Some people get overwhelmed by trying to do it all at once.

By the way, that was your post 666.

Yes it surely will take time to read them all.
666 msg, and was talking about Thelema and Thoth, how uncanny :)

foolMoon

I find Banzhaf's Keywords for the Crowley Tarot a more useful resource than The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards, and Crowley's "thin book" (at least the one I have) was based on his 1912 Equinox material that seems like a Golden Dawn derivative with perhaps the first glimmering of a personal philosophy.

I don't dip into reference books too much any more, but I still get a lot of pleasure and insight out of opening the Book of Thoth and revisiting the master's words when I'm looking for inspiration.

Yup Book of Thoth is a great read. I seem keep coming back to it ever so often.
All above books are good plus Snuffn's. And the LMD's Thoth book of course.

foolMoon

A double appearance of AC for foolmoon :bugeyed: maybe he has his eye on him.... :laugh:

It's just a synchronicity of the msg and his number :) nothing to do with me :)

smw

It's just a synchronicity of the msg and his number :) nothing to do with me :)

and an AC double in sync with the double god on the Aeon card... I'm off to bed now , I'm overtired and this is making me giggly.

foolMoon

and a double in sync with the double god on the Aeon card... I'm off to bed now , I'm overtired and this is making me giggly.

Glad to know the Aeon made you smile.
Night night smw, sweet dreams :)

ravenest

Sounds too passive, is it not?

No it isnt ... thats just your perception of how it work ..... its maximum benefiet from the energy put in . Try the Tao te Ching for an entree .

After all we are all here to learn & acquire skills to tell the future, or what's underneath it.:)

yes ... and thats what I do ..... actually I been at it a looong time .... sonny :D

ravenest

I suppose....

But it's like buying a car, and then keeping it in garage, just thinking and reading about its functionality and how it works, then going to motor special interest forums discussing about it, but doesn't drive. :)

Now you seem to be suggesting I dont use the tarot at all ..... I just said I dont use it for a specific purpose .

I had an old Mk II Jaguar, I did that stuff with it ... and drove it.

I just didnt drive it around thinking it could fly though ;)

ravenest

My interest is using Thoth deck as one of divination tools. I use I Ching too.

If one doesn't use Thoth tarot in divination, then threads like "confused over not connecting with Thoth" couldn't be their interest either.

There you go again !

ravenest

Yeah I see your point, but I am also baffled to understand why one would be interested in a thread for someone confused over not connecting with Thoth, if one is not interested in divination side of Thoth. Thoth symbols are all there for divination too, in my book.

To HELP THEM CONNECT FOOLMOON !

Maybe their difficulty is not what you perceive it to be ? If their difficulty is about Kabbalah, astrology, mythology, what the symbols mean, why decans .... inner meanings , what is Thelema anyway , was Crioely evil blah blah blah ...

they dont all want to have the same difficulties and perceptions as you might have .