The Box sets...

WolfSpirit

I threw most of the boxes away, and keep the books with my other books and the decks in a bag in a basket. This saves space and is handy.
I kept a few boxes - those I liked very much (like the box of the Druidcraft) I kept to save little thingies in, and I kept the one of the William Blake because it is out of print, and a few others because I kept the deck and book together without a particular reason.

KaiMoonshadow

I keep the books on my bookshelf... Any larger boxes get stored, in case I want them at a later date - for selling, trading or passing on. My favourite decks get a drawstring bag each and the lesser ones (like the Jonathan Dee starter kit) are simply kept in their little deck box :)

Bat Chicken

KaiMoonshadow said:
I keep the books on my bookshelf... Any larger boxes get stored, in case I want them at a later date - for selling, trading or passing on. My favourite decks get a drawstring bag each and the lesser ones (like the Jonathan Dee starter kit) are simply kept in their little deck box :)

I do the exact same..... and I make bags for all of my favourite decks.

Tree Sprite

Elizabeth Genco said:
Tree Sprite, remind me -- do you have a pattern for your bags that you'd be willing to share?

Alas, I don't have a pattern as such, as I cut them freehand to suit the size of the deck, but I reckon I could pull together the method if that's all you need?

lizziecat

I keep the boxes from sets just in case I ever trade them. If the decks don't come with a tuck box I'll make one from the tuck box website. I prefer the boxes to keep the cards protected when I'm not using them. I love the little bags but I'll put the tuck box in the bag to keep them from flopping around and getting damaged. I've only got two bags right now (that came with sets) so as soon as I figure out how to make one (I can't sew very well) I need to make about 5. I must admit the decks look much better in a bag than a plain old white tuck box.

Briar Rose

in need of a box/Sacred Circle

If anyone is throwing away a Sacred Circle box can I have it? When I bought the book and cards it didn't come with a box. Please e-mail me and we can work out the details, and shipping. Thank you! Aurora

ctrymaus

I was thinking of throwing away some of those large boxes. But I do like having everything together when I'm ready to use a deck.

The decks that come in the large boxes get a special bag, then I put the book and deck (in its bag) back into the box. Sometimes I keep the cardboard insert, sometimes not.

I doubt I'll ever sell or trade any of my decks. And I have this totally bad habit if writing my name and the date purchased in each book and even on LWBs too.

CountryMouse

Briar Rose

I don't want the box anymore. But I love the deck and book!

nisaba

I'm one of those people that likes to hoard things, "just in case", so I keep the box. I really have no idea where I might want to use the box one day, but it just makes me feel better to have them.

I suppose it makes sense if you're one of these people who can let go of Tarot decks, who might sell or trade the deck later. You can ask a higher price with original packaging - why, I cannot possibly imagine.

Me, books belong in bookshelves, and Tarot decks belong in the collection. Boxes are just a waste of the earth's resources. I particularly adore publishers who don't shrink-wrap and who don't have boxes-within-boxes. Sadly, that only rarely coincides with the decks that I adore.

ctrymaus

I suppose it makes sense if you're one of these people who can let go of Tarot decks, who might sell or trade the deck later. You can ask a higher price with original packaging - why, I cannot possibly imagine.

Me, books belong in bookshelves, and Tarot decks belong in the collection. Boxes are just a waste of the earth's resources. I particularly adore publishers who don't shrink-wrap and who don't have boxes-within-boxes. Sadly, that only rarely coincides with the decks that I adore.

::waffle waffle waffle:: Now I'm thinking about recycling the large boxes. You make a good point about the extra packaging being a waste of resources.

CountryMouse