Sabian Symbol Study Group: Aries 8 - #8

Elven

Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill.

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 8
Number: 8

Symbol: A WOMANS HAT WITH STREAMERS BLOWN BY THE EAST WIND.

Lynda

Flying kites

Hi Elven

A girlfriend of mine has this degree as her Sun degree. She has long been a kite flyer and she has done lots of trips in hot-air balloons... quite apt!

This is also the karmic condition (the degree before) the IC of my chart. For those unfamiliar, this means it is at the very bottom of my chart. It represents part of my inner psyche - my family - home, etc.

I moved around a LOT as a child - I went to eleven different schools. Nowhere particularly exotic, we just moved around Sydney as my mother and I got kicked from pillar to post (weird expression that!).

I've had this degree play itself out in my life as procrastination and the sometime inability to concentrate on something. I easily get blown 'off course'.

Lynda

Elven

I remember doing a reading for Chronata with this Symbol - it was in relation to 'The Souls Purpose' :)

With Chronatas permission (from ages ago LOL) I have posted her reply to this Symbol as it made me laugh too. For some reason this particular Symbol has quite a literal meaning - more so than I see with other Symbols. Everytime since I have drawn this Symbol I think of Chronata and her hats! I wouldnt hesitiate to include something about hats (and as Lynda said) a bit of windsurfing or sailing if the Symbol comes up in other readings. LOL!!!

This was one of 6 sabian Symbols drawn and was related to the placement: Progress of the Souls Journey.

Elven said:
P4 A Woman’s Hat with Streamers is Blown By the East Wind.

This Symbol implies that there are messages coming to you from beyond. Your progress is supported by Spirit and Spiritual teachings. These maybe channeled to you through Eastern traditions and philosophies. They come gently to you and may play a major role in your learning’s and teachings. You may find that this is a time of being blown off course and having a change in opinions and perspectives about your life. The Soul is continually challenging you to adjust to any outside interference and external forces. Sudden shifts of consciousness and insight are useful for a new approach, but it is not about leaving the path that you are on. Your deeper wisdom guides you to back to your centre. You are protected from the gale force conditions other face. Being aware of where the winds are blowing you so as not to put you off course on your Souls journey.

Chronata said:
Two things about this made me laugh! One...I absolutely adore the wind! And if this is my progress...well then I need to buy more hats! Hee hee! You see I am a hat person....I have a collection of over 400 vintage hats! Okay...not taking this literally is probably good! But I just had to share that!

Blessings
Elven x

Elven

Lynda said:
I've had this degree play itself out in my life as procrastination and the sometime inability to concentrate on something. I easily get blown 'off course'.

Thankyou for sharing this Lynda - I can see how that would be a consequence of that Symbol.

I think that also the winds bring news of change of circumstances and I find it hard to stop moving about and being restless when the wind is blowing madly in all directions - especially if its howling or being wreckless. Its like an invisiable chaos.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Yes a friend of mine has this symbol prominent in his natal chart - recently we looked all his symbols up with this symbol popping up 3 times!! What is MORE amazing is his mother (YEARS ago) gave him the middle name WIND.

I like how this symbol IS Aries - head and thoughts movement (mars) and hat it draws attention to the the Aries catch phrase being "I AM".

Images that come to mine - colour, ribbons, wind and a carefree feeling float over the mundane. In tune to spiritual messages and images, the beautiful side of ‘spirit’ (imagery = air/wind). PROTECTION - by the hat

People with this symbol in their natal chart may find you they wear many ‘hats’ or titles, going so far as saying they may wear a graduation hat/cap

I also see the streamers in this symbol represent DNA, so there may be some famous link or family tie that is important with this symbol.

Dr Jones says the key word is Excitation, and explains the symbol as naive creativity...

Elven

I have this little Horoscope Wheel - which I use to help me with the Sabian Symbols - and it has titles over each house. Aries being the first house - its title is 'Self Expression' - do you think the Symbols under Aries have a prominance to 'self-expression'? Just in the sense of using them as an Oracle - like the numbers have a influence?

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

YEA I do, thats how I use the symbols, like 'music' so Aries is hmm the base with a specific symbol harmony... SOME symbols make you MORE 'aries' there for people who 'get' SUN SIGN symbols, others provide other aspects..
well thats how I use them - see them...

:)

MARINA

Elven

Thankyou Marina - it makes sense to me too :) I see it (Aries: Self Expression) like a fabric and the the Symbol is woven into the fabric or embroidered onto it :). I Like the way you link it to music - thats beautiful :)

Thanks for that!
Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Part of Body: Cheekbone FROM SOLARFIRE

squeakmo9

Elven said:
Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 8
Number: 8

Symbol: A WOMANS HAT WITH STREAMERS BLOWN BY THE EAST WIND.

I keep seeing this image of a young woman dressed in late 19th century garp, serious colors of grey, black and white. The hat is black, just like the streamers, like that of a school teacher and she maybe near a body of water, like a lake or pond? She desparately tries to hold on to the hat as the wind gains momentum, the harder the gusts, the stronger she holds tight. She has a certain gaze to her face, her eyes expecting something or searching for someone. Question is will she get what she is looking for, or is she setting herself up for a fall.
I find this type of "wind" unsettling and fortunate all at the same time. To me it means changes, shifts in thought, in communication. It may take a few unfortunate circumstances to have these changes come through but just like a wheel spinning, it is bound to change direction toward better times.