Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 9 - #9

MCsea

Element Quartz Crystal ball
Discussion: Clear Quartz comes in many forms, but for this symbol a spherical crystal ball is necessary. Quartz is very powerful and carries many attributes, specifically in this symbol we are looking at the though and psychic enhancing qualities in particular. Quartz crystals have long been used successfully in scrying, channeling, divination, dream recall and dream work. Druids are one of the earliest known peoples to use crystals in divination. Even Scottish Highlanders used balls of Beryl as ‘stones of power’. In Medieval Europe seers, wizards, psychics, gypsies and fortune tellers used crystal balls to ‘see’ into the past present and future.
It may be a little obvious - the name, the mode of expression, spirit, energy, colour..... has to be right..

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 256

huredriel

Some very scattered thoughts on the title:

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 9
Number: 9

Symbol: A SEER GAZES INTENTLY INTO A CRYSTAL BALL BEFORE HIM.

The fire of Aries, the number of the Hermit. Peering into darkness, into the *occult*. All aspects of divination, using psychic abilities ........ and with clear quartz ...... using the crown and third eye chakras with which to *see*. A masculine title, a masculine number for me ...... and the masculine energy too. Very yang. Could sometimes feel very *hard*.

The word *intently* combines nicely in my mind with that of Hermit ...... who is earth, virgo ...... a seeking out, delving into stuff that *most* wouldn't normally see ...... yet a precision to that too ...... which leads me to think of determination to get that *end result*.

Also speaks of connecting to other planes ....... as well as to the higher self ..... got the thought of Aries being *I am* and the 9 aspect lending a bit to make it *I AM MORE* for some reason.

A culmination here too .... looking to the results of the 8 stages before ....... waiting for the manifestation to appear?

Can also denote a third party ...... either someone you go to for help ....... but my main thought here was also of a guide and/or helper ..... someone sitting between the two planes as it were.

The shadow side ..... duplicity, fraud ...... allowing oneself to be manipulated by a charlatan.

Great image PS ...... very dark indeed ...... and I see the same duality within it ..... that determination with the way the hands are splayed strongly ....... and also it could look as if he's putting on a show ;)

mooncat2

:) I like your thoughts, huredriel.

ARIES..........I AM

I hear that cry from within "Who am I?"............beneath the labels and the conditioning........who am I?

If you could get rid of
yourself just once.
The secret of secrets
would open to you.
The face of the unknown
Hidden beyond the Universe
Would appear on the
mirror of your perception.

Love this quote but never wrote down whose it is.

Seeking clarity and truth..........looking for answers . Those hands in purple_scorp's image are almost pleading.........tell me!
At this point on the journey of self discovery the knowledge that those answers won't be found externally.
A masculine title, a masculine number for me ...... and the masculine energy too. Very yang. Could sometimes feel very *hard*.
Mmmmmmm...........personally, I have to disagree on this one. :) To me it's introspective, passive..........active in a gentle , inner searching way. Bit of both perhaps.

I saw past lives.........karma in this one, too.

:love:

Attachments

• SoulCollage-The Unknown One.JPG
    SoulCollage-The Unknown One.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 254

huredriel

Awesome pic Mooncat, I can see the karmic tie in here with the tomb, but love the mirrors ......... makes me want to say *mirror mirror on the wall, who am I really, in relation to the all*.

That owl is cute ....... lots of wisdom ...... and lots of passion and energy here with the amount of red. Though still a nervousness, a sense of not wanting to be *seen* the way the woman is holding the fan over her face ...... mystery and enigma indeed. Looking at the owl, it's like he's coming in to land ....... those claws ready to grab her hair ...... ouch! Makes me think she's due for a bit of a shock!

The shape behind, is that a number 8? The steps already taken ....... or is it like the infinity sign, a sign of healing? Interesting the colours in it, gold, red & black ..... very rich and dark, especially the top part!

Wondering too about the mirrors ......... two clear, not showing anything, but the one at the back has some kind of image on it, darker psyche perhaps? The shadows the Seer looks into? Although if the seer is the woman, she has her back turned to it at the moment.

tink27

Mooncat2,

Oh boy, I looked at your image and eek! the first word for whatever reason came to my mind was fossilized!!! Fossilized traditions and customs that have been ingrained in our psyches. One of them of course the oppressed woman......your picture is of a Chinese woman?

http://chnm.gmu.edu/wwh/modules/lesson10/lesson10.php?s=0

The representations of Chinese women in these journalistic accounts bear uncanny similarities to popular conceptions about the “place” of women in Confucian societies today—primarily that they are passive, obedient, and oppressed. A guided critical analysis of samples from 19th-century Western writing about Chinese women is one means of confronting popular stereotypes about Chinese/Asian women that abound in Western culture.

In August, Helvetica was my partner for the Sabian symbol study. An incredible month of healing and lots of eye-openers here.

Snowy Owl.......

Helvetica said:
Have you looked up the owl in Animal Speak? 9 pages! You have some material there

"The yellow colouring of the eyes is very symbolic. It makes the eyes much more expressive, but it hints of the light of the sun, alive in the dark of the night. The sun lives through the owl at night. Meditation on this alone will reveal much about the magic of the owl within your life."

"Owls are the eyes of the night, and they see what is not in the open. They have secret knowledge that they can share."

"The snowy owl hunts predominantly by sitting and waiting. They seem to hunt lazily and often appear to be resting. This is far from true. They conserve their energy, and they and continually observant, going into action when the opportunity presents itself. Theis sens of timing is part of what the snowy owl can teach." This repeats the advice of sitting, waiting, observing, stilling yourself. The idea of conserving energy to release it when the opportunity presents itself reminds me of martial arts: the kung fu adept who meditates for hours and releases his energy in one spectacular move. It's also about getting your facts right, crossing t's, dotting i's, so that no matter how radical and advanced your book ends up being, you can't be picked up on facts and science - only on theory. It's slow preparatory work, done sitting up a tree taking both a broad and a close view. You know owls have telescopic sight? They can see landscapes and pins in that landscape - an encouragement to you to look at detail as well as at the grand theory.

mooncat2's picture......Like this woman, some people have only a superficial contact with their world......they are oblivious of the many dimensions of the universe.....their owl wings clipped, are unable to fly.

Was it us that invented the human identity?

No matter what we do, we are bound to make mistakes....that's how we learn....but some say it would be better to do nothing rather than having to constantly correct and repair their self-image.

Mirrors....to perceive our personality objectively, we need a mirror of some sort in the form of communication, relationships and the community. The mirror is our bridge between our inner world of our mind and the outer world of matter, vibration and sound.

Humanity’s struggle has in the last 2000 years changed from a physical to a spiritual one. In fact, we currently find ourselves in a spiritual war mirrored with humanity fighting for its ‘collective spiritual life’. There is a conflict in the human psyche between awareness and ignorance and the battles it wages are being fought on many levels and realities simultaneously.

What creates a chemical reaction! The present mixed with the potent energies of not only the future but the past.....does the spirit change.....or only the form?

One more thought.....

Have you ever gazed into a crystal ball and out of your perhipheral vision you begin seeing different images and lights dancing around you? But when we move our eyes away from the crystal ball these images simply disappear? Has this happened to anyone?

tink :love:

huredriel

tink27 said:
Have you ever gazed into a crystal ball and out of your perhipheral vision you begin seeing different images and lights dancing around you? But when we move our eyes away from the crystal ball these images simply disappear? Has this happened to anyone?
Not yet, although I don't try much ...... haven't had much success with either my mirror or ball *pouts*

mooncat2

first posted by tink27
No.........never gazed into a crystal ball. An experience still to come. :)
.....your picture is of a Chinese woman?
A Japanese geisha .........not much difference.

huredriel
The shape behind, is that a number 8? The steps already taken ....... or is it like the infinity sign, a sign of healing? Interesting the colours in it, gold, red & black ..... very rich and dark, especially the top part!

Wondering too about the mirrors ......... two clear, not showing anything, but the one at the back has some kind of image on it, darker psyche perhaps? The shadows the Seer looks into? Although if the seer is the woman, she has her back turned to it at the moment.
Whatever you see there is what is there for you. :laugh:...........I just liked the spiralling pattern.
I messed up with the mirrors because the one with the image should be on top!!! .............well, maybe it wasn't meant to be. I see that as the image we can see when we look in a mirror.......the others clouded, unseen.......underlying layers or past lives.
No matter what we do, we are bound to make mistakes....that's how we learn....but some say it would be better to do nothing rather than having to constantly correct and repair their self-image.
That's their choice...........can't say I'd like to still be the person I was.......very fossilized. :)
tink......Mirrors....to perceive our personality objectively, we need a mirror of some sort in the form of communication, relationships and the community. The mirror is our bridge between our inner world of our mind and the outer world of matter, vibration and sound.
That is very true . The danger lies when we only see ourselves through the eyes of others............as a reflection based on their expectations, their responses.

:love:

tink27

huredriel said:
Not yet, although I don't try much ...... haven't had much success with either my mirror or ball *pouts*

mooncat2 said:
No.........never gazed into a crystal ball. An experience still to come.

Ohh I'd definitely love to share ideas and thoughts with you both at some time.

huredriel, I find it difficult too....all our energy is needed on the crystal ball. There is they say a veil or shadow that will lift if we are persistent and patient enough....but alot of times I get distracted from the images in my peripheral vision. It can be as huredriel say *pout, very disheartening.

mooncat2- mirrors said:
That is very true . The danger lies when we only see ourselves through the eyes of others............as a reflection based on their expectations, their responses.

Yes! I have fallen under a spell-binders spell. And when the mirror finally broke, I fell really hard!!

tink :love:

huredriel

Dunno if it's relevant, but had a thought as I was going off to sleep last night ........ with this being a *occult/divination* title, how I correspond 9 to Hermit, rabbit's on the Hermit card ..... and something that was said to me the other day .........

I am the Fear Caller