Tarot and health issues?

MagsStardustBlack

Hi friends,

As i was trying to offer my opinions on a health issues reading across the board, i was so frustrated as i have no experience of learning the Tarot in relation to health issues.

How do you know which cards/suit represents which part of the body, which illness or ailment??

How accurate are the cards on the parts of the body and illness/health?

Is this something experienced tarot readers feel comfortable doing (as guidance) for a sitter?

I find this fascinating its like a whole new diamention to tarot that never occured to me before.

Any opinion would be fantastic, thanks guys xxMags.

Le Fanu

*taboo alert, taboo alert*

tarot + health = WRONG!

What is that can, brimming with worms, I hear being opened?

:D

(watching this space)

MagsStardustBlack

Le Fanu said:
*taboo alert, taboo alert*

tarot + health = WRONG!

What is that can, brimming with worms, I hear being opened?

:D

(watching this space)

Arrrrr *flings the tin opener across the room*

Is it a can of worms?

Alta

Doing health readings with tarot seems to depend very much on the reader. Some readers here, very few, have come up with some very accurate and later verified interps. But, it is difficult.

I think if approached from a technical standpoint, it can be used via the astrological associations of the cards which are linked with body parts and etc.

MagsStardustBlack

Alta said:
Doing health readings with tarot seems to depend very much on the reader. Some readers here, very few, have come up with some very accurate and later verified interps. But, it is difficult.

I think if approached from a technical standpoint, it can be used via the astrological associations of the cards which are linked with body parts and etc.

Thanks Alta, so it is the astro' symbols that represent body parts? Is it something that a beginner should avoid?

xxMags.

Alta

MagsStardustBlack said:
Thanks Alta, so it is the astro' symbols that represent body parts? Is it something that a beginner should avoid?

xxMags.
It certainly shouldn't be the first area you attempt! :)

I think also that readers looks at shapes, like round things etc, and also a lot of cups, esp reversed, can mean drainage or blockage issues within the system.

But really, intuition plays a huge part and if you are not confident with it (I certainly am not) I would just leave that aspect for a while.

MagsStardustBlack

Alta said:
It certainly shouldn't be the first area you attempt! :)

I think also that readers looks at shapes, like round things etc, and also a lot of cups, esp reversed, can mean drainage or blockage issues within the system.

But really, intuition plays a huge part and if you are not confident with it (I certainly am not) I would just leave that aspect for a while.

Thanks Alta, i was just curious after reading a couple threads in 'your readings', i don't think i will attempt it, as i said just wanted to know the crack. The info' you provided has satisfied my interest for now, just a little knowledge so i am not completly oblivious,

xxxMags.

graspee

Crowley's "777" has a body part for each card and a disease for each card but that's not really going to give you a good reading I don't think.

Personally I NEVER do health readings. At all. Not for me, not for anyone else. I'm too scared of scaring myself or the person I'm reading for if they get bad cards.

harperevan

I know this is controversial, but I think you can use tarot to inform health related issues, as long as it is not in place of actual treatment.

For example, my herbalist usually does a tarot reading during our consultation sessions, to see if there are treatment options she hasn't considered suggested by the cards, or to see if there are any major patterns coming up. Last time, the advice was as simple as "eat whole grains and make sure you are using your body for work / exercise". I wouldn't take this advice in place of treatment, but it can definitely be the beginning of a wellness plan.

I would also love to learn more about actual associations, I know she uses the Thoth tarot, which is heavily influnenced by astrological elements, so that seems really sound.

MagsStardustBlack

graspee said:
Crowley's "777" has a body part for each card and a disease for each card but that's not really going to give you a good reading I don't think.

Personally I NEVER do health readings. At all. Not for me, not for anyone else. I'm too scared of scaring myself or the person I'm reading for if they get bad cards.

Thanks graspee, for your thoughts, i was just curious, it is something that i would rather be aware of and choose not to use it, than not know about at all, plus i have been feeling really stupid lately and wanted to learn or discover something new. I had thought about astrology as a new study, i suppose i could do that and find out about the health subject along the way. Thank you for the direction,

xxMags.