Japanese Foil Thoth

Gerbear

OH my. I have just realised someone I KNOW has one.... They better watch their back; I know where they live...

Yep, I know that person also, and have lusted after it from afar, just by perusing their collection list. In fact, I DO know of another person that has copies of both versions. ( foil BOTA and foil Thoth )

ravenest

The pics I am looking at of it - it looks totally pixilated to me - weird !

I was expecting something v.diff .

Zephyros

The pics I am looking at of it - it looks totally pixilated to me - weird !

I was expecting something v.diff .

Good to see you here again. :)

Scans of foil usually look like that, the effect simply can't be duplicated with existing technology. The surface tends to reflect whatever is in front of it, which in this case is the illuminated blackness of the scanner.

To get a real feel for it one would have photograph it at an angle or to do a video.

ravenest

Well .... thanks <batts eyelids>

I wonder what they are like to shuffle ... I mean, are they meant to be used or just a novelty item .

I dont think I understand the 'foil' thing. :confused:

FLizarraga

OH my. I have just realised someone I KNOW has one.... They better watch their back; I know where they live...

Could you at least convince them to share pictures?

In case you want to take this to the next level, I know a guy who knows a guy.... :angel:

gregory

Yep, I know that person also, and have lusted after it from afar, just by perusing their collection list. In fact, I DO know of another person that has copies of both versions. ( foil BOTA and foil Thoth )
Yup - that's the person... }) Could we share plane fare and take one each ?

Michael Sternbach

Interesting. The same month that I got to know the Thoth (and thus Tarot in general), I met a Japanese girl who is now my wife since 25 years. I visited Japan soon after and spent a year there, studying Zen, martial arts - and my Thoth Tarot, of course. I would love to get a copy of that special edition somehow, somewhen. (It's okay to dream.)

Tanga

OH MAN!!! YUM!

Slap all your wrists for talk of murder.......................(she says hiding her hat pins and dolls).
:joke: (one for the "forever" wish list).

What martial arts did you study Michael Sternback?

Ravenest - ever seen foil "Magic the gathering" cards? (just thinking what to compare it to).
Or ah - have you seen the Alice Tarot? - some of the renditions have a sort of foil (metallic, rainbow-like quality - like oil on water). Usually - it looks FAB. :). And yes one should be able to shuffle them.

ravenest

No I havent seen those , but I love that effect you describe ... to the extent that I make it myself and get rather hypnotized by it ( the metallic rainbow effect - when I make bismuth crystals )

Oh ... and Sterny ? Dont slap his wrist .. just grab it and take a firm hold for an answer to your question :)