Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

Tibor

Oh crikey, the pocket version is teeny. Ok for a handbag but not much use for home reading.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

So is it smaller than the PCS in a tin???

Wheel of Fantastic

That deck on tarotworld and EBay is NOT the Premium deck. I actually own a copy of that one as well, it's a better edition than the USG standard Rider but it doesn't have the crackle back - the back is a rose and gold cross on a purple background. There's no copyright on the front of the cards, it's on the back in tiny font so it will affect reversals. There is no copyright on the front or back of the Premium deck cards.

To the best of my knowledge, the Premium deck in question only comes in the orange and white 2 piece box and is only available in German. Mind you, I'd love to be proved wrong, especially if it's in English.

FLizarraga

That deck on tarotworld and EBay is NOT the Premium deck. I actually own a copy of that one as well, it's a better edition than the USG standard Rider but it doesn't have the crackle back - the back is a rose and gold cross on a purple background. There's no copyright on the front of the cards, it's on the back in tiny font so it will affect reversals. There is no copyright on the front or back of the Premium deck cards.

To the best of my knowledge, the Premium deck in question only comes in the orange and white 2 piece box and is only available in German. Mind you, I'd love to be proved wrong, especially if it's in English.

I just found a "Deluxe" English edition that fits your description to a T, except for the box: http://www.tarotworld.com/shop/sear...f636ea3a0.html?tx_kfproducts_pi1[showUid]=106. So maybe the German edition comes in the orange and white box, and the English in the blue and white? (The Spanish and French editions are also in blue and white boxes.)

Wheel of Fantastic

The deluxe deck has the rose and cross on purple background back I mentioned but also appears to come with a book.

I have just compared a Premium card with it's AMG Urania standard counterpart. The colouring on the front appears identical, the difference being my standard deck is in English. The backs are of course different; the brown crackle, or pebble design, for the Premium deck and the rose and cross back for the standard. The Premium deck, for what i've seen only comes in the 2 part box with lift off lid; the standard in the tuckbox (my tuck box appears to be an older edition - it's solid blue, not blue and white.)

I think they're both great editions actually with matt cardstock but for me the Premium deck does a better job of replicating the Pam A than the PCS centennial even accepting the German titles (no artificial aging, no copyright, original back, nice box!)

CharlotteK

So is it smaller than the PCS in a tin???
Time will tell. The dimensions on Amazon UK are very different to other dimensions and it's not arrived yet. But the smaller dimensions given for it of 5.7cm x 8.9cm would make it extremely small!

Edit: measured it out and Pocket version of this is about the same size as the PCS in a tin (slight difference in proportions but near as damn it). Here's the size against a Robin Wood standard card.

d554548949ce6eeef5a69277f3842858.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk