astrology study group ~ aries

isthmus nekoi

stardancer, I've got a jupiter/venus contact too (quintile) and do have my moments of indolence :p

rcb30872

Hi

I don't have any Aries in my chart, whatsoever. Probably explains why I am not so good at speaking my mind and not being much of a risk taker.

Having said that, just realised that my son has Aries in his chart, although he is going to be 4 tomorrow (making him a Leo Sun) (Birth info for him 8th August 2001, 9:57pm in Western Australia). He has an Aries Ascendant, doesn't sit well with me as I am mainly Earth (Sun Virgo, Ascendant Capricorn and Taurus Moon), he tends to be rather on the move all the time and rather impatient which causes some friction between the two of us at times, since I can be considered a bit "slow moving".

On top of that, he has always, to me at any rate, had very well developed muscles, quite strong. His recovery from diseases is remarkable, when I get them from him (as he brings them home from child care and gives it to me) it takes quite some time for me to recover from these ailments, especially when I compare to the recovery time from my son.

Bec

prudence

I don't know Bec...you seem pretty good at expressing yourself to me. What I see you saying on the boards is very expressive. :D

I have mars in aries in the 1st house, and my asc (PIS) is also in the 1st house. I get a lot of energy from this placement, and can really get into sports like soccer, basketball, and lately mountain boarding.Out of these activities, the one that makes the aries energy sing, is the mountain boarding. Coasting down a bumpy curvy hill on a dirt road in the forest, with trees blurrily whizzing by, and only the sound of air rushing past my ears...and the forest sounds...and that pit of fear in my stomach that a car may be coming around the curve, or I may slam into a tree or over the edge of a huge steep slope... And there's just something so sensual about having those 4 tires on the earth, all interacting with the rocks, holes, and tree roots differently, that feeling you get when you are so in tune with the movement of the board, its organic rhythm. Sometimes I actually make audible happy sounds. (only the forest creatures can hear me squeal;))

Maybe that Pis asc, cusping my 12th house is what gives my pursuit of sports, and adrenaline a slight addictive quality (sometimes not so slight)...as a kid I'd practice tennis alone, hitting the ball against a backboard until my hands were blistered, to complete exhaustion. Now, I find myself repeatedly climbing the same hill over and over, to sail back down....and I am 35! Well, to me, it is a much more enjoyable way to get exercise than plain old gym stuff. :D So, I am really appreciative of this/these placements, they are fun to have, if a little dangerous.

BlueLotus

rcb30872 said:
Hi

I don't have any Aries in my chart, whatsoever. Probably explains why I am not so good at speaking my mind and not being much of a risk taker
Bec

I relate to your situation as I too have no Aries in my chart at all, but I do have other fiery placements such as mid-heaven and Pluto in Leo.

However, both of my older children had lots of it. The oldest is an Aries sun sign, among other strong placements of this sign and other fiery ones such as Leo and Sagitarrius , and the second one has an Aries Moon, the placement of which seems to overrule his capricorn sun at least so far. . .

Both were more than a handfull at the time they were growing up, and I had a very hard time adjusting to them. Now,when I am ready to see where they come from they would be in a different spot altogether leaving me frustrated and bewildered :confused:

I admit though being very much like my children when I was younger to the frustration of both my parents, but in time I settled down; I still find it hard to relate to either of my children in most cases as both are too independent and seem a bit self-centered and impulsive for this down to earth mother .

This does not extend to my numerous real-life Aries friends from both sexes who I cherish their friendship so much as I find them always ready and there with an honest insight and lively conversations.

Phoenix Rising

My Aries house is a bit loaded too.

Sun, Venus, Saturn, Nth Node and Chiron

Pisces Rising conj Mercury, however Mars in Sagitarius.

I think I tend to switch between Pisces and Aries. I try and stay in the background, but you get always guarantee I'll be bought to the forefront either "Shame or Fame" one way or another. although as a child in sport I was very competitive and had to be the captain..lol! or the leader in any group, not too mention when I was in the army, although probably not as forthright in there, but I still had them quietly running around for me..officers too...lol! although it was not my choice, but i don't think I would of liked to of been anything less. So a bit of a contradiction. I try not to be egotistical, so it's good I've got that pisces to keep me in check and my taurus moon, down to earth???? As I get older, I don't mind so much just being like everybody else, and try not to take the lead too much. Gosh I even tried to lead my dance teacher..poor guy I knocked his glasses off, swinging my arms around.

And having venus in there, well guys you don't need to worry about who's going to make the first move....it won't be you!! :smoker:

prudence

Wow! Phoenix Rising!! That looks like some seriously powerful placements! You and Umbrae could get together and rule the world! :D I am very new to astro, but that does look like someone who would be a natural in the military.

~my only other 1st house placement is chiron...not at all sure what that means...and my mars trines my MC (Mc is 24 degrees Sag, on cusp of 9th and 10th houses, officially in 10th) and my Moon at 18 degreesLeo in the 5th house (cusping 6th house)...am going to say these placements have something to do with my creativity, my work, sculpting, and as a mom, they are all quite blended together, in a natural way...I am at home with the kids, and a lot of times am able to work on pieces, while they work on their own, side by side, harmoniously.