AT's ATC Tarot Deck Project and Exhibition

rebecca-smiles

The moon and star are yours.

I don't know what masonite is (what is it?) but i'm sure you can use it.

as for the exhibition, i have just paid for a subscription and i am waiting for the notification to come through. Once i can add attachments etc. i will post pictures here on the forum, but there will also be a blogg specifically for this exhibition i think. as soon as it is set up i will post it here and you will be able to see selected images for the exhibition. I will make sure there are plenty of shots of our work, and a full list of contributors, links to here, your sites etc.

It will be in Bath in May/June fringe festival. It's quite a big deal here with a massive opening night, street art, and the grand finale is 'Walcot Nation Day' where the bohemian quater of bath, one street named Walcot, becomes a republic and is closed to trafic with circus, stalls, music etc etc. If you can get here it's the best time to see Bath.

If anybody has any suggestions, this is a very flexible deck/exhibition and invoations are most welcome.

I'm going to do collages, with maybe some pen drawing. what are other people doing i wonder?

rebecca-smiles

Danubhe, i was browsing the ATdecks and found your knight of cups. The God in the sky is Bath's local deity!

Bladud. (old Irish Blay - light dud -dark).
He was the eldest son of the local king, but a sick one (perhaps leprosey) and so was imprissoned by his father so that his healthy younger brother coud take the throne. Worried that this might cost him his life he prayed to Sulis, the goddess of the gap, of wisdom (also a local deity) and she sent two pigs from the underworld to free him and lead him to a healing spring. He went to the hot spring (one of seven, but the other six are cold) at little solsbury hill (Bath) and was healed. Later as king, he became a devotee of sulis andbuilt a temple where the roman spa baths now stands, and became a god that could go between the worlds, hence the name.

and now some of your lovely art will make it to his neighbourhood!

blackroseivy

Do you have R. J. ("Bob") Stewart's "The Waters of the Gap: The Mythology of Aquae Sulis"? :D Yeah - Sulis is my deity & Bel ("Bladud") her consort. I have a couple of pebbles from the holy sanctuary, & as a result of having them (I went over when I was in college as a grad present), I decided to make a deeper connection to Sulis.

Seeing as I have this connection, I am nothing short of thrilled that a part of me will be on display in that very place - I might even kinda work that in... ;)

blackroseivy

Oh - & "masonite" is a trade-name for a thinnish, pressed particle-board with a smooth finish on 1 side.

Colly34

We call that board, illustration board here in the uk, in fact I think there are a few names for it.

I think I used it at college to make colograph prints with cos you can cut into it.

I have been to several of Bob Stewarts workshops in the past, and I believe he used to live in Swallow St. in Bath.
Funny, I keep coming into contact with people who have a connection with his work.
Only yesterday I met a woman online who has attended his UnderWorld workshops in the US, which I went to in the mid 80's.
Small world.....well online at least!

Colly

blackroseivy

That's cool! :D

Illustration-board here is a kind of cardboard. "Masonite" is made of sawdust, so it's "woody".

c-urchin

Hello

Hello, I've just joined Aeclectic Tarot as I would love to join in with this collaberation! :) I have followed the link from Jane on DeviantArt. I am completely addicted to ATCs and would love to contribute.

I guess I would really like to work on Temperance or The World, but as I am new, that does seem a bit cheeky! :) (I will only be able to work on one as I'm quite busy at the moment!)

Anyway, let me know....and I'll get working asap! :D

Lisa

rebecca-smiles

Welcome to AT C-urchin!

I will assume that temperance is your first choice, so i will put you down for that. Glad to have you on board.

jackdaw*

Can I play too, please?

I would love the Fool (I think that's still available) and a minor ... ummm ... Ace of Pentacles?

rebecca-smiles

The fool and ace of pents are yours to play with!