Whispering tarot companion book??

Kissa

Hi all,

for those of you who own this deck and not the book, do you wish you'd purchased the companion book with it?

For those who own the book, can you tell me more about it?

Thank you very much in advance :) :)

Blessings

Kissa

Maan

i was wondering the same thing....i just received my deck in the mail and there are some puzzling cards. Did you end up getting the book Kissa?

rwcarter

I have the book and may even be able to get my hands on it this weekend. (I always buy the book if it's available even if I end up never using it.)

Maan

I have the book and may even be able to get my hands on it this weekend. (I always buy the book if it's available even if I end up never using it.)

ow i would love to hear your opinion on it.Thank you

rwcarter

Have the book in hand. It's 86 spiral bound pages. It contains small B&W copies of the card images. Each card description takes up as much space as it takes up - there is no 1 card per page format like in many books. She describes the scene of each card. She gives upright and Ill-Dignified meanings for each card as well as the attribution(s) (zodiac, element and/or planet) for it.

Randomly turning to the Hanged Man and 5 Cups, here are some of the highlights of the descriptions.

Hanged Man
- body is in "tree" position in yoga
- chakra diamonds are white and open
- material vestiges of his life (she lists them) fall into the cauldron below
- hands clasped in prayer position
- crows or hawks flying above

5 Cups
- sea wizard
- faces in the froth
- water faeries in bubbles
- desert/ocean contrast as mirror to extremes of emotion experienced during times of change

There are 4 spreads in the back of the book:
- Vala Cross (13 cards, originally appeared in Tarot Decoded)
- Finger of God (9 cards)
- Athena's Spear (10 cards)
- Laughing Turtle (8 cards)

There's also a table of Ptolemy's Table of Essential (not Elemental) Dignities and some instructions for using them in tarot.

I think that's worth the $16 list price on the back of the book.

Maan

thank you for looking into it. Its sounds like a boo that will be useful for me.
So i went and ordered it. Looking forward to explore the depths of this little deck