Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

Ivy Rhiannon

::Bows to Chronata::

Milady! What a georgous deck! And to think you almost didn't share it with us!!! :eek:

I can't wait until this comes out. You are doing an excellent job! I love the title card as well. The title itself needs a bit tweeking but a wonderful picture! I love the new temperence! I hope you use her instead.

The mascarade is beautiful...wish I were invited! Good luck with the rest of your deck, hope to be seeing it soon. :D

Keslynn

Wow! I can't believe I was so late in the game to check this deck out. You're doing an awesome job, Chronata!!! The cards are gorgeous and insightful. I especially like the humor in the Tower. Takes some of the sting out of it.

Any updates on when this will be out? And have you considered starting up a website for the deck?

We wants it....

;) Kes

Chronata

Hi Kes! And the rest of you Masquerade Guests!

Yep...the website is in the works...and should be up and running very soon!

I also have been experimenting with the self publishing concept.

My idea is to use a thick double sided photo paper, and the double sided lamination cartridge for the Xyron laminator.
I tested the laminator by making a couple of magnets...and while the lamination isn't exactly what I wanted (a bit too shiny!) I think it might work out for the first limited edition.(which I am currently considering between 50 and 100)

It reminds me very much of the kind of lamination one might find on a Doreen Virtue deck.

More experimenting still needs to be done!

The reason why there have been no new attatchments...is because I am in the process of completely re-doing the Chariot card.
The first, while adequete, doesn't fit my original vision.

But keep checking back here...as I hope to begin pre-orders for the Limited Edition deck sometime in February!

Really...I mean it! :)

Bob Hollister

To throw you all an update: chronata has indeed been working hard on her chariot card, but is currently out of town for Mardi Gras, doing readings for a restaurant near her parents' home. She should be back Wednesday (Thursday for those of you on the other side of the International Dateline--- Hello, Aussies and Kiwis!) and I'll make sure she starts right back in, being her spouse and all!

catti

Chronata said:
All right already!

At first I was worried because I am an outsider artist. Not a fine artist, but more like a folk artist. I have had absolutely no training and everything I do is self-taught. Even though my art works have been selling for many years, I still feel a little weird about sometimes...especially since there are sooo many really talented artists here on Aeclectic making decks.

I just wanted to say that alot of these new decks that we all love have a very impersonal quality to them. The collages and computer generated art are of course valid BUT there is something about paint, the way i know your hand was on the canvas...and i think untrained art, folk art, outsider art whatever often has a very accessable quaint and eccentric quality. all the better for tarot

Majecot

Hey that title card looks like me ;) (ok... just kidding, only a little bit)

Bob I am glad you popped in and gave us an update...I was wondering where you guys have been and what you have been up to.

...maybe I will get a chance to go out dinner this week

seapearls

Wow I'm new to the board and so glad I saw this thread. Your cards are great. I like the Star, heck all of them actually. I'm a big fan of Mardi Gras also and its so fun to be in the parades too. I'd love to buy a deck when your done. Keep up the excellent work.

Chronata

Finally!!!!

Ladies and Gents, Rogues and Rabbits, Friends, Fans...and those just joining the costume party....

I am here to announce that the Major Arcana of the Midnight Masquerade is now complete.

It feels so amazing to say that!
Especially with the doubts and fears that have overtaken me as I get to the end of this first hurdle.
And now the long road of Minors begins this week!

But first I have a few decks to create.

They will be a Limited Edition of 100 decks.
They will each contain 25 cards...the Majors plus the extra Wheel of Fortune, the title card, and one more extra.
They will also reside in a unique, one of a kind, hand painted box, featuring another guest at the masquerade.

If you want details of the Limited Edition, or prices, or want to preorder, or nag me about getting my website done...or whatever!~just send me a PM!

Meanwhile, here's a preview of what the back of the card will likely be!

It is very difficult to create a completely reversable design that works.
I owe tremendous thanks to my spouse, Bob...for his creative digital manipulations!

Attachments

• MMcardback.jpg
    MMcardback.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 231

Chronata

As promised...here is the Chariot.

The first version, which I didn't like at all, looked very traditional, and very Roman...but this image of a Captain and his rolling ship just would not let me go!

So I needed to do a lot of rethinking, and finally I came to a place where I decided i was done with the tweaking.

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• MMchariot.jpg
    MMchariot.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 238

Chronata

Saving the last for last....

And here's the end of the arcana, the end of the party, the end of the year, and the day, and quite possibly the Millennium...and the Beginning...

Midnight at the Masquerade!

Attachments

• MMworld.jpg
    MMworld.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 237