LANGUSTL-TAROT complete

Langustl

If the Tarot will have a great success in the English countries, there surely will be a book in English ;)

Langustl

How the will look

Hi!

I want to show you, how the cards will look, when they are finished. I want to keep the background in a light grey-blue. That´s better than white, I think. The size will be about 0,26 X 0,5 ft. There will be no other signs on the cards to keep it simple and international. The persons will get different little crowns on the top, or something like that, to have a seperation. Please look at the examples. What do you think?

Major arcana: http://www.langustl.de/sonstigefotos/kartetest1.jpg
Minor arcana: http://www.langustl.de/sonstigefotos/kartetest2.jpg
:love:

thorhammer

I like it, Stephan. I'll no doubt trim it :D, but the colour does indeed set off your own style and colour palette nicely. You've done well with the font, as well. Congratulations :) I love your work, and can't wait to get a hold of it!

\m/ Kat

Debra

I like it. These cards have a very big presence (2.6" by 5"--inches--I think) and the pale blue-gray will "hold" them gently but firmly. That's a good size, too.

I have a card from Stephan and it is framed now with a thin white border in a gray frame (not very fancy)--it works nicely.

I also like the numbers and the idea of a symbol for the court cards. King's crown, Queen's crown--what for the other two, I wonder?

This is very exciting to see.

I hope it works out with the publisher!

Debra

PS I have a small suggestion ;)

On some of the images, your signature is very strong. For a tarot reader, that's distracting--there is the card and the artist's name LANGUSTL is so strong right there!

Perhaps darken the signature a little to make it less obvious? You can see it on the X Wheel of Fortune...

Langustl

Hi Debra!

These are the for signs, I want to use for seperation of the persons. http://www.tarot.de/forum/upload/194821-kronen.jpg . But I will paint them by hand, to get them more natural looking. The signature has to be on the paintings, I´m afraid ;). Thanks for your thoughts.

Debra

Oh I like those crowns!

I did not mean to take away your signature! Only to make it a little more dark colored--more subtle (? subtiles Aussehen?) . Because my eye always goes to writing in pictures. ;)

all best,
Debra

Langustl

Thanks, Debra. I´ll think about it ;)

A very important question for me, very discussed in my german surroundings, is the final size.

It´s realy important for me, to get a lot of feedback about that point.

The first size, is the same, as you can see the cards on the pictures in the links right up, about 3,15 X 5,9 inches. The other size is a little bigger. It´s the size the Röhrig-Tarot has, about 3,5 X 6,3 inches. I hope it is correct, what I calculated.

Debra

What you are saying about inches and feet is confusing because this is not a decimal system. So "3.15" and "5.9" are not on the measuring stick. :p

Can you give the sizes in centimeters? In America, measuring sticks have centimeters and inches, both. :)

Then I can see better!

If it is "a little bigger than 3 inches (8 cm) wide" and "a little less than 6 inches (16 cm) long"--that's a good size! It is about the size of the Victoria Regina cards. They are easy to see and a little hard to shuffle. I like that size.

If it is TOO big, it cannot be used easily.

Langustl

Hi Debra!

I´m happy about "centimeters" :D. This would be the size, I have in my mind. About 15 X 8 cm or 16 X 9 cm. Maybe something inbetween 15,5 X 8,5 cm