1st 3 cards in a GT.

Sharla

In a GT I know that the 1st 3 card are supposed to represent what the readings about. Am I correct in thinking this ?

Anyway a GT I've done for this month my significator (lady) has landed in the top row 4th card along, so I'm confused now as the 1st 3 cards to the left of me are supposed to be my past, but they're also supposed to be (if I'm correct) the theme of the reading.

So now I'm not sure how to read them ?

Note: my lady card does face to the left also, so I am actually facing the 1st 3 cards.

Padma

I guess it all depends on your reading technique, Sharla. I like to read the direction the Lady faces as my future, and what she has her back to is the past. And myself, I don't use the first three cards option, I take the four corner cards to be the general theme....

I don't think there is a baseline rule about this, I think it just depends which school of reading you follow or prefer.

:)

Sharla

Ha Ha you always come to my rescue Padma, your like my Lenormand fairy god mother lol.

I think ive had a certain discussion with yourself before on one of my threads about which way the significators facing and which way to read it.

My lady card faces left and man card faces right.

Part of GT that im talking about:

Heart + Anchor + sun +( lady )+ letter..

Tower + snake ........etc.....etc...

So my lady card is facing heart, anchor, sun but i usually read the left of significator as past (even though lady is facing to the left). But if these were representing my past they wouldn't make sense anyway and also like ive said ive got jotted in my notebook somewhere that the 1st 3 cards in a GT are supposed to represent the theme of the spread.

I don't really follow a particular school i just take bits from here there and everywhere i suppose.

Maybe this is why my GT's ive done in the past haven't really come about and haven't been making sense because ive been reading the left as the past where i should have trusted my gut instinct and done what your doing, going by which way the significator faces.

Padma

Not a fairy godmother, haha! ;) It's just not many people seem to post much in the Lenormand column, which is such a shame, as we could all learn so much through each other...there seem to be just a handful of us!

It does help if you pick a way, and stick to it somewhat! I learned via LearnLenormand.com, so I tend to follow that, along with what I have learned in the last few years by doing dailies, squares of 9 and GT's...although I have read several books on the Lennies. So I think it is a combination of a system, plus your own intuition, plus what you absorb through observation!

I used to read as you do, but had that moment where I just *knew* her future was laying ahead of her, and not behind her. So that is what works for me :)

Heart + Anchor = a steady love, love is coming to to stay; commitment.
Anchor + Sun = reaching your goals;
Sun + Lady = successful lady, optimistic woman;
Lady + Letter: News or message from or for a woman.

You might also look at that as you yourself feeling optimistic about your goal of falling in love and having a steady relationship :)

Then you can look at the houses they fall in - Heart in house of Rider, love comes to you in the form a young dark male; Anchor in the house of Clover, lucky and promising situation; Sun in the house of the Ship, either travel to a sunny place, or positive forward movement; Lady in the house of the House, a woman who enjoys her home, and is a bit of a home-body; Letter in the house of Tree, either news finally arrives after a long wait, or else news related to health, perhaps?

I try to extract as much information as I can from the houses and cards in the future, before looking at anything else, but!! That is just my technique.

Sharla, I am no expert on the Lennies, and even after 3 or 4 years of reading with them, still they are so new to me, and I also struggle from time to time with them - mostly as they can be so darned literal...they have a few different ways of speaking, I think mostly you just have to pick a course, and of course follow your intuition!

(PS I was thinking of the last GT you did, it was just a week or two ago - maybe you are doing them too often, and so losing clarity? :confused: Also, in that older GT, there was a long-term love hovering in the near future...maybe, just give it time to happen?) :love:

Sharla

Not a fairy godmother, haha! ;) It's just not many people seem to post much in the Lenormand column, which is such a shame, as we could all learn so much through each other...there seem to be just a handful of us!
Its true what your saying about not many people being in the Lenormand section and i too like yourself have thought its a shame, because like you say we can learn so much from each other and the few people i have had communications with in this section i have learnt from, including yourself and i would prefer there to be more interest in it.
It does help if you pick a way, and stick to it somewhat! I learned via LearnLenormand.com, so I tend to follow that, along with what I have learned in the last few years by doing dailies, squares of 9 and GT's...although I have read several books on the Lennies. So I think it is a combination of a system, plus your own intuition, plus what you absorb through observation!

I used to read as you do, but had that moment where I just *knew* her future was laying ahead of her, and not behind her. So that is what works for me :)
I think this is where ive gone wrong like i said before "not" trusting my hunches that i should be reading future the way the lady/man faces, as i always used to think "if this is my future why is my back turned to it". Im going to start reading the way they face as future from now on.
Heart + Anchor = a steady love, love is coming to to stay; commitment.
Anchor + Sun = reaching your goals;
Sun + Lady = successful lady, optimistic woman;
Lady + Letter: News or message from or for a woman.

You might also look at that as you yourself feeling optimistic about your goal of falling in love and having a steady relationship :)

Then you can look at the houses they fall in - Heart in house of Rider, love comes to you in the form a young dark male; Anchor in the house of Clover, lucky and promising situation; Sun in the house of the Ship, either travel to a sunny place, or positive forward movement; Lady in the house of the House, a woman who enjoys her home, and is a bit of a home-body; Letter in the house of Tree, either news finally arrives after a long wait, or else news related to health, perhaps?

I try to extract as much information as I can from the houses and cards in the future, before looking at anything else, but!! That is just my technique.

Sharla, I am no expert on the Lennies, and even after 3 or 4 years of reading with them, still they are so new to me, and I also struggle from time to time with them - mostly as they can be so darned literal...they have a few different ways of speaking, I think mostly you just have to pick a course, and of course follow your intuition!

(PS I was thinking of the last GT you did, it was just a week or two ago - maybe you are doing them too often, and so losing clarity? :confused: Also, in that older GT, there was a long-term love hovering in the near future...maybe, just give it time to happen?) :love:
The last GT i did was just a weekly one, i do really enjoy doing GT's i find them so fascinating in how the cards lay themselves out and the extra information you can get from knighting etc, the one before that was for the month of April (the one you left me a lot of feedback on) but ive just been looking back at that one as still have it saved on my phone, and as i was reading left past, right future this is why i thought i had a commitment coming because i had lady + roads + man but if i would have looked at it the other way round, the man would then be in my past, and this makes more sense because the roads between us is us both having gone our separate ways.

Padma

I think in the past there was a lot of anger and accusations and contention here in the Lennies forums, maybe that is why there aren't many posting - there were a lot of strongly drawn lines and opinions, lots of arguments about doing things "the right way" (although *everyone* seemed to have or know "THE" right way! (which of course were all different!) :bugeyed:

I definitely think if you feel most comfortable having the Lady face her future, you should read that way! And it is a known technique.

That makes sense, about your Crossroad having been in the past, but I also remember there were other cards hinting at someone else to come...anyways! You will soon find out, I suppose! ;)

Sharla

I think in the past there was a lot of anger and accusations and contention here in the Lennies forums, maybe that is why there aren't many posting - there were a lot of strongly drawn lines and opinions, lots of arguments about doing things "the right way" (although *everyone* seemed to have or know "THE" right way! (which of course were all different!) :bugeyed:
Yes i have looked through the older Lennie threads and they did seem to be a lot more active than present, quite a shame indeed if this was the case. Wish i would have known about Lenormand a few years back, so i copuld have been part of the arguments lol, beats talking to a brick wall lol. Yes real shame though wish i could think of something to get back to how it was.
I definitely think if you feel most comfortable having the Lady face her future, you should read that way! And it is a known technique.
Yes i do most definetely now ive been talking about it, this is how im going to use it from now on. It never felt right before anyway so don't know why i even carried on.
That makes sense, about your Crossroad having been in the past, but I also remember there were other cards hinting at someone else to come...anyways! You will soon find out, I suppose! ;)

1Eleven

I read the first 3 as a short term, 1-3 day message... sometimes it's also a message the querent is already aware of. This gets weighted almost like a daily and ignores cards around them. This is based off Andy's Cartomantes' Cabinet course... it works very well, for me.

Sharla

I read the first 3 as a short term, 1-3 day message... sometimes it's also a message the querent is already aware of. This gets weighted almost like a daily and ignores cards around them. This is based off Andy's Cartomantes' Cabinet course... it works very well, for me.

Didn't realize these 3 cards were short term and what we may already be aware of, thanks for this information :)

Was looking at the course of Andy's the other day but its a bit too expensive for my budget, would love to be able to do it though.

1Eleven

Hi Sharla,
The Cartomantes' Cabinet course was available in 2012 where you would follow along with Andy's lessons with other members. It was a tremendous resource. He is offering one on one tutoring now.